Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need help with a definition file for 06A 906 032 BJ  (Read 8830 times)
balders

« on: December 30, 2012, 06:22:29 AM »

Hey guys, im pulling my hair out trying to construct a definition file for the 06A 906 032 BJ.
(haha who am i kidding that happened ages ago  Roll Eyes

I have tried using known .kg files with similar ecu numbers to compare/match and try to find the offset. However i finding it extremely difficult to move on now without getting this done.

Has anybody got one or could lend a hand please?

Loving this forum Smiley ive been reading posts and wiki all week trying to head around this.

Ive still got tons of things i want ask, but for now id like to get this definition file sorted so i self teach myself before i go asking any stupid questions.

thanks in advance for any help Smiley

balders

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 06:24:22 AM »

oh btw i forgot.. Ive got a full version of OLS  Wink I prefer it over Tunerpro
balders

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »

I didn't go into detail before, when i was comparing two similar but different .bin.  i thought id found the offset. However the offset would be completely different for another map. Grr im getting frustrated, this isn't the hard bit yet!  Undecided
littco

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:35:12 AM »

Can you post the original please
balders

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »

06A 906 032 BJ.bin

Thanks for having a look Smiley
balders

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »

Grin bump  Tongue
littco

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »

Just had a quick look and I don't have anything close

BUT

The files is very similar to the 8n0906018CB that is listed on the forum for both the Winols file and .xdf I did

If you use Mapanalyser from MTX. load the known 018CB file as the original and then your File as the modified. Then use the existing .xdf to find a known map IE ldrxn, go to the address in MapAnalyser and then unsync the maps with control S, then use the slider to overlay your map with the known map and read off the new address for that map. It may take some time, but I have done this for plenty of ecu's now, it may take a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it finding maps is easy

here you go just to prove it.
LDRXN CB 1ED46

LDRXN BJ 1ead4
balders

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »

Dan you are a star! I really appreciate your input thank you  Cool This should get me moving again

I don't expect anybody to do anything for me as i wouldn't learn anything from it. I'm not going to lie, when i first found this site my intension was to grab a tuned file upload to ECU and valla see you later.

I've moved on from there after much research on this fabulous forum (and s4wiki) Thank you Tony, and of course everybody else who made it happen.

I not interested at this point to create my own custom maps, but more interested in the inner workings of ME7 and how to implement code and understand what I'm looking at in the .bin files. The offset and no def files were getting to me! hopefully i will be able to move on now.

My goal is to be able to run two or more maps that can be changed on the fly, and also display useful engine data on the cluster (i know there are third party devices for this purpose. But where is the fun in that??)

When i finally have the funds (3 kids, house and expensive misses  Grin) i will be upgrading my turbo to K03s hybrid. uprated injectors larger MAF housing and changing the intercooler. I have already fitted the S3 milltek exhaust. I grabbed a group buy when they were on the audisport forum (i posted some pictures on the other forum and quick post if anybody wanted to fit the same exhaust to an A3). Might implement water meth at a later stage hence the switchable maps.

Thanks again!

BTW i have two A3s both are 1.8T 180HP quattro both are identical i.e ARY 06a 906 032 BJ
The other one is a back up car, I swap between them when one breaks Tongue
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:26:00 AM by balders » Logged
balders

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »

I presume you mean this thread. Thanks

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1423.0
littco

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1457.0

This one
Pages: [1]
  Print