Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECU numbers & compatibility  (Read 8014 times)
quattro5v

« on: December 13, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »

Hi all,

Been reading a lot over the past few weeks/month or so.  Please be gentle!!  Interesting resource - one which I stumbled across whilst looking to purchase a cable to run lemmiwinks on my B6 A4 TQ.

Anyway, long story short - I have an AUS delivered 2001 Audi A4 B6 AVJ 1.8 TQ motor with ME7.5....  Currently with Revo stage 3 software, which is OK (but obviously could be better).  Looking at trying to find a spare ECU to begin tinkering - have no desire to break down the original and edit its maps.

As it stands, I am seeking clarification on ECU's for the AVJ which are out there in the World.  Mine ends in "AB".  There are a few which only end in "B" or "A" but not both.  What is the likelihood that these would be compatible with my year/make/model/engine code?  Granted that I would rip the original file to bits once I start editing, and the immobilizer would need to be hacked (not hard) - I'm after some solid information that the ECU will see all sensors and operate the same.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mike.
quattro5v

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 02:03:05 AM »

Bumping this thread.  I have two ECU's on standby in the UK which are either "A" or "B" but not both.  The hardware number ends in 868 which is the same overall, but worried about the ending letter.  Can one of you knowledgeable people confirm for me?

Cheers,

Mike.
professor

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »

Precondition: Lets say that i have understood your question.

I would delete immo if exists, flash stock 'AB' bin, tune injectors and maf tables if are different from stock and i d try the ecu to see if my car can run.
After DTCs deletion you can check which sensor is not compatible with your ecu, if there is any.

If i understood wrong, sorry.

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
quattro5v

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »

Precondition: Lets say that i have understood your question.

I would delete immo if exists, flash stock 'AB' bin, tune injectors and maf tables if are different from stock and i d try the ecu to see if my car can run.
After DTCs deletion you can check which sensor is not compatible with your ecu, if there is any.

If i understood wrong, sorry.

Yes you've understood the question and I thank you for your reply.  The hard part is trying to source a standard "AB" file as there's not much out there (rare).  I don't want to start jumping in to buying hardware if there's no real point in it working correctly (ie not seeing all sensors or communication mismatch etc). 

I guess I still need to determine what I really want.  The tuning part is straight forward - it's the hardware I'm more concerned about at this stage.

Cheers.

Mike.
professor

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:05:17 AM »

Mike,

Is it ME7.5 narrowband? Part number is: 4B0 906 018 AB ?
Can you connect to it with nefmoto and post the 'Read ecu info' results?

Cheers.

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
quattro5v

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »

Mike,

Is it ME7.5 narrowband? Part number is: 4B0 906 018 AB ?
Can you connect to it with nefmoto and post the 'Read ecu info' results?

Cheers.

Hi mate,

ECU code is 8E0 906 018 "AB"

Hardware (Bosch) code is 0 261 206 868

Has a wideband pre-cat O2, and narrowband post-cat O2.

The Bosch hardware code is the same through the ECU's, yet the letters ending are not (hence the question).

I shouldn't really be typing this, but I did try to use nefmoto to read the file (strictly for learning and not reproduction).  The Revo file is 'secure' meaning I can't read it unless I place it on the bench and go through boot mode, hence where I stopped.  I will say that this exercise put the software in to valet mode, so had to get my local Revo guy to rehash a few items (yes yes I screwed up!!). 

Mike.

quattro5v

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 02:46:59 AM »

Bump with a straight forward question, looking for a straight forward answer:

Will the 018 "A" or 018 "B" ecu be compatible with my 018 "AB" motor? 

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: