Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clarification on Audi S4 Tip/6spd tuning files  (Read 7318 times)
16g-95gsc

« on: January 07, 2013, 06:22:10 AM »

Hey guys, this is my first post here.  I have been a long time lurker/reader, but I would like to begin making moves and implementing some of what I have been reading.  However, I want some quick clarification if you don't mind. 

I have a tiptronic, but the most indepth xdf file available is for the M box.  Can I use a L-box original .Bin file and then load the M box XDF and directly adjust this way?  From what I have read the hardware within the ECU's are the same, so it shouldn't matter if I bought an original tiptronic ECU should it?

Has anyone managed to do any work with the Audi S4/A6 TCU?  It seems that this would be a huge asset with these overly soft trans setups.  Many vendors offer this as a tuning option, so it seems that grassroots folks must have already done work on this end as well.

Thanks for all of the info thus far, I've found this forum to be quite a huge asset to those who don't care to do OTS tunes.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »

No, tcu work has stalled at the moment. As for the xdf, the m-box xdf will work very well for the l-box bin.

Is your car stock, or tuned?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
16g-95gsc

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 09:34:37 AM »

Right now my car has an APR stage 1 ECU which was included when I bought it.  I doubt that I will want to mess with this ECU, so the idea was to pick up a spare box and modify that one and then sell off the current ECU.  This is why I wanted to verify that the hardware is all the same between tip and manual cars.

"stalled" is a good term to use regarding the TCU development Smiley.  Are there any threads that pertain to work that has been performed thus far?  I haven't been able to find or come across any.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:59:04 AM »

Is it chipped, or is it flashed? If it's flashed, just backup the tune, save it, and then flash a stock tune to modify. You can always flash the apr tune back (don't attempt to modify it).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
16g-95gsc

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:13 AM »

I guess I can't answer that question, I just assumed flashed.  I'll open the case and verify.  I kind of like the idea of having a second ECU handy to play with.  I own a galetto as well as KKL cable but haven't toyed with either yet.  I'm still researching and also haven't heard back from MXL regarding a checksum license.
sweegie

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 02:56:34 PM »

I started to look at the C5 RS6 TCU about a week ago, defining maps & generally looking at the structure. I've probably picked out the main maps, but still no idea what they actually do yet.

Happy to post the bin and ols if they will be useful?
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »

That would be cool.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
16g-95gsc

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:40 PM »

That would very useful I'm sure. 

I am very much still in the learning phase, so I am simply researching, but if someone can help me read the .Bin from my TCU I would be happy to do it as well.  I have flashed ECU's in the past but never created my own .xdf/damos, but would wholeheartedly love to learn if someone could point me in the right direction.

With the amount of tuners out there programming tip-chips, it seems that it has to be readily capable of being done by enthusiasts.  After speaking with them it appears that they are programming very little.  GIAC claims to only adjust line pressure.  I think for the longevity of these transmissions line pressure is probably the biggest influence from the stainpoint of the TCU.
sweegie

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:44:59 AM »

Here you go Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3024.0title=

Everything looks 16bit, but there are some odd structure types that i've not quite figured out. For example, at 0x64778 you see what could be confused for axis definitions for 7 point maps, but obviously arent... Lots to do here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: