Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
Author Topic: The 5120 hack - Running up to 5bar absolute pressure on ME7.x  (Read 295747 times)
britishturbo

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »

I am rooting for you!  Grin

Thanks man. It has been a little easier than I expected but very tedious lol.
All the 2.7 boxes should be pretty easy to do once I have the M box done.
And more than likely all the me7.5 boxes are probably easy too.

The other guys here did all the hard work!
britishturbo

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »

Once I'm done with the M Box I'll be happy to help anyone with other boxes.
Its the least I can do for the community :-)
Bische

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »

First off, I love you Bische (and community).

I know I've had like 20 false starts and 15 "I will do this next week"'s, but I really am planning on putting my feet to the ground with the K-box stuff soon as well.

For me, the fact that the RS4 file is based on different hardware is great, as I've got big port heads and 2.8 cams (pretty much the same as RS4).  On top of that, the 16bit axes already done, better base values to start with, the added function of the RS4 airbox flapper output that I can utilize for meth/nitrous/second fuel pump, and all of the immo setup so I can activate immo on my non-immo car.  It's pretty much all upsides for me. Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I have been thinking about preparing a 551K to be flashed on 551D boxes(all "stock" basefile for our euro S4's) with the 5120 and all modules required, swapped to D box spec. Seems to me like I would be dealing with alot of modules to get it set up, intake model, LDRPID, KRRA and so on, enough to be questionable worth the hassle?

It would sure be nice since theres such good definitions on the K box, but also ALOT of work...
britishturbo

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 01:12:05 PM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I have been thinking about preparing a 551K to be flashed on 551D boxes(all "stock" basefile for our euro S4's) with the 5120 and all modules required, swapped to D box spec. Seems to me like I would be dealing with alot of modules to get it set up, intake model, LDRPID, KRRA and so on, enough to be questionable worth the hassle?

It would sure be nice since theres such good definitions on the K box, but also ALOT of work...

Once I prove out all the 551M box I was going to look at the K box. If its as close to the M box as the G Box it will be easy to find all the 5120 locations.
Bische

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »

Once I prove out all the 551M box I was going to look at the K box. If its as close to the M box as the G Box it will be easy to find all the 5120 locations.

Its not the 5120 im concerned about, it is taking the RS4 binary and rework it to S4 spec just for the definition and 16bit KFZW axis. Well, it is a one time job, but time is indeed time Smiley
britishturbo

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »

Its not the 5120 im concerned about, it is taking the RS4 binary and rework it to S4 spec just for the definition and 16bit KFZW axis. Well, it is a one time job, but time is indeed time Smiley

I think Phila_dot said he could get 16bit KFZW in M box... I wonder what would take less time. Hmmmm
I really don't want to leave M Box with all the special stuff in it now
matchew

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »

changing to 16 bit axis is childs play comparatively
jibberjive

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley

My intentions with the K-box aren't quite as noble as yours, as I'm just looking to get a K-box file that will work with my car the best (not necessarily set up a template K-box bin with stock S4 values).  Since my car's hardware is much closer to the RS4's hardware than it is to the S4's, I wouldn't be changing much, and certain things that I do change would be changed (tuned) either way (for example LDRPID, as I'm running 38mm Tial external wastegates), regardless of whether I started out with an M or K box. KRRA and possibly one or two other things will need to be taken to stock S4 values, sure, but everything else should be either left alone at stock RS4 value or tuned for my specific setup.  I'd rather do the couple of things to run a K-box on my car, than to modify an M-box to have 16bit axes, hack it to have all of the immobilizer stuff, hack it to have new outputs via unused ECU pins, go through and plug in the corresponding RS4 map values that I want in my file (which I can't even do with some things [like NWS], as some of the schemes are completely different).  For my personal build/application and desires, it seems that the path of least resistance is to switch to a K-box based file.
britishturbo

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 02:15:28 PM »

Tedious work but I should have my xdf for the M Box finished today, I'm hoping to test it tomorrow if all goes well!
britishturbo

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 09:56:20 AM »

Just to give you guys an update, I have completed my xdf for M-Box changes as per the changes made by Bische and tested it.
It is not yet working, it seems that there is more to the 5120 "hack" on the ME7.1 than on the ME7.5.
I'm digging through the code to see what else I can find.

I'll keep you guys updated.
prj

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »

You realize it's not only maps you have to change right?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
britishturbo

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:18 AM »

You realize it's not only maps you have to change right?

Correct :-)
Bische

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »

Just to give you guys an update, I have completed my xdf for M-Box changes as per the changes made by Bische and tested it.
It is not yet working, it seems that there is more to the 5120 "hack" on the ME7.1 than on the ME7.5.
I'm digging through the code to see what else I can find.

I'll keep you guys updated.

What were the symptoms?
britishturbo

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »

What were the symptoms?

The car would fire up and would pop and bang and want to run at a higher throttle angle than expected.
I'm analyzing the logs right now. One thing I see is that fho_w is 1/4 what is normal not 1/2... so I'm debugging that right now to see where that came from :-)
I'll fix one thing at a time ;-)
Bische

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 11:16:11 AM »

The car would fire up and would pop and bang and want to run at a higher throttle angle than expected.
I'm analyzing the logs right now. One thing I see is that fho_w is 1/4 what is normal not 1/2... so I'm debugging that right now to see where that came from :-)
I'll fix one thing at a time ;-)

Definatly related to the ASM divisions, ask me how I know lol  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: