Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 2000 A6 APB 2.94L RS6-R Build/Tune  (Read 80191 times)
prj

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »

if i read the datasheet right these injectors will fit quite the same, apart from that they are not compact style like 980cc, spacers needed for rs4, no big deal, jet inclination is the same/none in both cases, or am I missing smth?
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/jibberjive/VE%20Intake%20Manifold/RS4_Study_Guide_Injectors.jpg

Yeah, you are missing the fact that RS4 injectors have 13 deg delta and without that the fuel just gets sprayed against the wall.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Creed

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 03:22:30 AM »

Yeah, you are missing the fact that RS4 injectors have 13 deg delta and without that the fuel just gets sprayed against the wall.
What I'm really missing is why 980cc better.
prj

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2013, 03:27:51 AM »

What I'm really missing is why 980cc better.

980cc are only half-decent because they have a wide 30 deg cone, so at least not all the fuel hits the wall like with narrower injectors.
If these also have a 30 deg cone, then there's no difference.

Log your car properly.
pablo53

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »

Well, I thought a lot about how to make a heat shield for the 95mm MAF tube and XL K&N Filter.   Then I realized I had a smaller filter that had been sitting around for a while.   It has the inverse cone on the end, too, so it's still got a lot of surface area.

Maybe it'll fit in the stock box?

Now I've got to figure out some way to seal the gap above the MAF tube where I chopped off the oem MAF flange. 

pablo53

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »

Got my bolt-in metal valve stems installed for the track.  The manager at Big-O tires has been drag racing for 30+ years.  Great guy, too.   $21.20 installed.

pablo53

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 10:41:04 PM »

The tuning

I've had the car down the last week to re-torque the head bolts, check for leaks, etc.  Then wasted several days trying to get the ARD V-band bi-pipes to fit.   FYI, they don't work with SRM intercoolers.   I suppose they could, but the amount of cutting needed to the radiator support is just not worth it.   Intercoolers sit too far forward with those pipes.

I got the car back together and started working on mapping KFLDRL.

Somehow I swapped the boost reference lines/wastegate lines.  Brilliant.  Must have been when installing the MBC.  I guess it could have been worse.   Thank goodness for throttle cut.

Guess I know what I am doing tomorrow after work.   New APR bi-pipe should be here, too, so it will be time to install this as well:

Huge thank you to all who made the 5120 hack come together.  

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:23:17 AM by pablo53 » Logged
staycute
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »

Ahh the ceramic!!! Beautiful.
pablo53

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:55 AM »

I figured it was about time for an update.   This setup has about 1100 miles on it now.  It's been running great so far and everything 'cept the 10 minute warm up is great for daily driving.  

Boost PID really kicked my ass for a few weeks, but now I (mostly) have a handle it.  

Current test bin and 3rd gear log from earler today is attached (Do not run this file in your car!)  

Some notes:

Still need to make some fine adjustments to PID, but getting there.

2700 ft above sea level
Ambient Temp - 85*
5/8 of a tank of fuel
2:1 mixture of 91 octane pump and 100 octane Sunoco GT260 = great timing with minimal CFs.

I took a 5 step walk up to RS4 K box ZWOP/ZWOP2 and ZW/2 maps and I am not seeing any noticeable ill affects.   Seems more smooth and responsive.  I returned to S4 values for a day as a control, and the car did not run as well.

I am running out of fuel up top. This particular file is the first attempt with changes at the high end of the maf and fuel correction maps to keep afr's around 12 at 6k+ rpm, but there are side affects from it (afr bounces around; airmass and load are wacky and way too high).   This setup seems to like low 11's:1, but fueling hardware can't keep up.

I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot what the problem is. It's probable the pump is maxed out. I previously tried scaling down the bottom end of mlhfm and increased KRKTE; and also tried increasing the slope of the maf/voltage curve at and above where the issues arise.  Neither made a difference.

Even though the A6 weighs a little more than an S4, it seems like it should pull a lot harder.  The turbos seem like they still have plenty pf flow even at 7500 rpm. Maf sensor in the 95mm housing is hitting 4.5 volts, but acceleration just doesn't feel like it should, especially above 5500 rpm.

So what am I missing?   Water/meth and possibly a fuel pump and/or surge tank should be going in soon.  

All questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:48:07 AM by pablo53 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »

Please post original CSVs, NOT EXCEL FILES.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
pablo53

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 06:30:01 PM »

Attached are .csv files: One from yesterday and one prior to making the changes in FKKVS and KFKHFM.   Requested AFR remained the same and is rich (11.25:1) going more rich (< 11:1) at high rpm.  Wideband AFR data from the ZT3 was added from Zeitronix logs.   

I am running the WB signal to the PPD gauge and was afraid that running the signal to bank 1, sensor 2 output may create unwanted signal noise.   I'd hoped I could convert the simulated NB output into usable afr data - its derived from the WB signal, right?  Nada.  Numbers don't coordinate much at all.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I have tried down scaling the low voltage values in MLHFM to run higher KRKTE, and I have tried increasing the slope of the higher voltage values in MLHFM among other things, but at high boost, I still see results similar to the log from 5-30-13 (even to the point where 4.9v = 2500kg/hour or 700 g/s).

I've ordered a fuel pressure sensor, but it won't be here until later in the week.   In the meantime, I lowered boost back down to 21 psi, and bumped LAMFA and BTS high load values back up to 11.7:1.

My best guess right now is the fuel pressure drops momentarily once the turbos spool, then steadily starts dropping again beginning at ~5200 rpm.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »

What are you logging with? Those logs look odd. ECUxPlot is not picking up the typical variable names it expects to see, nor do I see the header.

Please post the raw output of ME7Logger.

Also, you need to log a few more things... ... requested lambda (LAMFA/BTS) and ps_w at minimum if you are trying to figure out fueling issues.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
pablo53

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »

I see.   

Logging with ME7logger, but I was using the "4 Runs Compare" excel graphs from here.   I will have to make more runs and report back.    Those graphs use the alias instead of variable name which was previously deleted from the csv files.   

I had looked at ECUxPlot, but hadn't really made use of it until tonight - Good God, I've been doing it the hard way. 

pablo53

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2013, 11:38:23 PM »

Couple Runs.  Both in the same log file.   I figured I could split them into two files, but when I did, ECUxPlot would no longer open them.   I need to figure out more of the ins and outs of this tool.  Learn what works and what doesn't.

I changed out the fuel filter and checked the strainer on the pump.  Seems to run better.   Zeitronix logs showed 11.8:1 moving up to about 12.1:1 through the pull.

This will be my file until I get my meth kit installed.

I'll post the graphs in the morning.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:44:48 PM by pablo53 » Logged
prj

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 07:43:40 AM »

I would be careful on this file, you have the potential to melt things if you do a longer pull.
Your EGT is already creeping due to the lean mixture by end of 3rd gear.

Tune your MAF and injectors properly so your actual fuel = requested.

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »

I figured I could split them into two files, but when I did, ECUxPlot would no longer open them

ECUxPlot needs the CSV headers to make head or tail of things.

You dont need to split your files for it.

If you log accel position and gear, you can use the filter to filter out data you dont want, and if you use RPM as the x axis, it will overlay multiple runs in the same log.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: