Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MPPS  (Read 6385 times)
em.Euro.R18

« on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:16 AM »

So I'm looking to expand my accessibility to newer platforms such as MED9.X. I feel like the information out here on the forums are a bit scattered when it comes to MPPS. I recently found this SMPS MPPS K can which apparently comes with a dvd of 80000 tuned files. Not that I'm interested in using the provided tunes but they might be useful if they prove to be a good stepping stone.

Let me know what you guys think about this option. Would I just be better off getting a different option?

Link to MPPS in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMPS-MPPS-K-CAN-80000-Chiptuning-Files-chip-tuning-set-OBDII-OBD2-ECU-remap-/321338354296?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item4ad1422a78&vxp=mtr

So that would take care of the Flashing/logging aspect. Apparently it can recalculate checksums as well? I'm curious how this is done. This clearly is some sort of clone cable compared to the authentic MPPS unit I've looked up.

For those of you who are not using MPPS what flash/writer are you using? How are you preforming checksums?
overspeed

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »

Well... first thing, don´t use any of this files, they are mostly crap... there is a very well known topic about a guy wich bricked his ECU, and find that the file he try to write in his ECU was an Bee Gee´s song (lol it was confirmed for a guy who try to play the file)

Second, as all clone cables... some works, some didn´t...I have here 3 MPPS cables... one is flawless... other one fail in every CAN system (can ID, but brick ECU´s with Can) and other has erratic fails (days without fail, and suddenly it brick some ECU)... the flawless was the cheapper one  Roll Eyes

My advise is to buy a BDM clone, it´s cheap than MPPS and you can recover bad flashings with it easily...

So I'm looking to expand my accessibility to newer platforms such as MED9.X. I feel like the information out here on the forums are a bit scattered when it comes to MPPS. I recently found this SMPS MPPS K can which apparently comes with a dvd of 80000 tuned files. Not that I'm interested in using the provided tunes but they might be useful if they prove to be a good stepping stone.

Let me know what you guys think about this option. Would I just be better off getting a different option?

Link to MPPS in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMPS-MPPS-K-CAN-80000-Chiptuning-Files-chip-tuning-set-OBDII-OBD2-ECU-remap-/321338354296?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item4ad1422a78&vxp=mtr

So that would take care of the Flashing/logging aspect. Apparently it can recalculate checksums as well? I'm curious how this is done. This clearly is some sort of clone cable compared to the authentic MPPS unit I've looked up.

For those of you who are not using MPPS what flash/writer are you using? How are you preforming checksums?
chlippo

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

Why not an original MPPS. Yes i know its more expensive but its more value too.
I was looking into this a while back and too many problems with the clones ones. Med ecu's are expensive in case something went wrong, if you are planning to do this properly, i guess you can't avoid a proper tool, or you can take your chances with clone ones.
overspeed

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:12:30 PM »

If you chose the "clone" way... my advise is to keep an second (or third) option (buy Clone BDM and MPPS) and learn to work with both tools and methods.

here I heve several tools, a bunch of original ones, but some are euro clones, some china crap clone... as I said...one work, another don´t... the original ones time to time have his own issues, but you have the suport to recover, if you go clone you are at your own... few guys will help you, or even bother to try...
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »

Well... first thing, don´t use any of this files, they are mostly crap... there is a very well known topic about a guy wich bricked his ECU, and find that the file he try to write in his ECU was an Bee Gee´s song (lol it was confirmed for a guy who try to play the file)

Second, as all clone cables... some works, some didn´t...I have here 3 MPPS cables... one is flawless... other one fail in every CAN system (can ID, but brick ECU´s with Can) and other has erratic fails (days without fail, and suddenly it brick some ECU)... the flawless was the cheapper one  Roll Eyes

My advise is to buy a BDM clone, it´s cheap than MPPS and you can recover bad flashings with it easily...

Yea dont use the files they are crap, I have a mpps clone and it works flawlessly! I have used on med9+ with no problem. It also has boot mode recovery... for the price that is what I would buy

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
overspeed

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »

Yea dont use the files they are crap, I have a mpps clone and it works flawlessly! I have used on med9+ with no problem. It also has boot mode recovery... for the price that is what I would buy

Just to make clear, with MED9.1 MPPS don´t have a "boot" (it´s BDM time !) but I hear that a corrupted flash (CKS error for example) allow to reflash since it didn´t corrupt the Immo adress filled with FF or 00 I dont´remenber)
Rick

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 06:20:19 PM »

Buy the original.  Without it no new protocols.  And MPPS can brick MED9.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: