Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Anyone know if its possible to interchange flashes on this application?  (Read 27199 times)
hihptsi

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 07:29:28 PM »

no i did not, ill go out and reflash the file tonight and see what it says when i read the codes, ill check the codeing for the cluster as well. anyone happen to know the stock codeing on a 2003 S line?
EuroXs4

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 09:59:25 PM »

not sure off the top of my head.But I believe on ross-tech wiki they should have a breakdown on how to code certian modules,clusters,etc.You should be able to find it through there.I will try and see If i can find it .
hihptsi

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 10:09:08 AM »

sounds good. i have not reflashed it yet. but hope to after my meeting.
hihptsi

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »

ok i reflashed with the euro S line file and turned it over a few times, then read the codes. It is Throwing a P0513 which states "Incorrect Immobilizer Key" So this IMO is good news in a way. Anyone know or got tips on what exactly i should do to make them sync.

Walter
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:53:02 PM by hihptsi » Logged
hihptsi

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »

ok i reflashed with the euro S line file and turned it over a few times, then read the codes. It is Throwing a P0513 which states "Incorrect Immobilizer Key" So this IMO is good news in a way. Anyone know or got tips on what exactly i should do to make them sync.

Walter
hihptsi

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 09:52:15 PM »

Walter
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 10:02:38 PM »

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Immo3-ecu-swapping.html
kls

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 02:27:06 AM »

Did you also reprogram the eeprom? It should contain your immobilizer settings. If the eeprom contents weren't changed then it may be that the flash files use different addresses in the eeprom for the immo and PIN IDs.  If the flashes were 100% compatible the car immobilizer should be fine.

You could try re-adapting the keys with Vagcom, or if the eeprom file is similar to a Motronic 7.1.1 I have been playing with you could disable the immobilizer by reprogramming a few bytes in the eeprom.
setzi62

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 06:00:24 AM »

Reprogramming the EEPROM won't help. The immo in the car is still the same and the
data in the eeprom perfectly matches with the immo (as it did before).
The two images must be made for different immo versions. The original one matches with
the instrument clusters immo version, but the new image uses a different immo version and
therefore can't talk to the immo in the car. The immo data in the ME7's eeprom is stored
always at the same places, independent of the used immo version.
You can only disable the immo to run the new image. Or if you are a really good hacker, you
can replace all immo functions in the new image with the correct ones for your car  Smiley.
hihptsi

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »

anyone know the addresses to disable immo? any info how to do it would be greatly appreciated. If i get the file working i will upload the final product so others can use it.
setzi62

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »

This has to be done in the eeprom, not in the flash. You need to dump the eeprom contents,
then program back with an update. The change would be specific for you, not useable in
general for other's. And your car will not be protected by the immo after this.

hihptsi

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »

eeek , in that case i would probably be better off just modding the stock file. Going to hang this one up. Will post a modded stock file most likely in jan. or feb.

Walter
setzi62

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 11:06:39 AM »

That would be a better way in my opinion, you never know what differences between
the two images are hidden and show up lateron only under certain operating conditions.
You can give most help to others if you have made all changes yourself (and can explain them).

elRey

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »

Or if you are a really good hacker, you
can replace all immo functions in the new image with the correct ones for your car  Smiley.

I want to know this ! Wink
eliotroyano

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »

anyone know the addresses to disable immo? any info how to do it would be greatly appreciated. If i get the file working i will upload the final product so others can use it.
Just in case anyone want to know, if found this info: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4756488-how-to-disable-turn-off-immo3.-make-your-ecu-swap-plug-and-play!&highlight=ecu+swap
I have read many times in other forums about immo 2 or 3 ECUs working with immo 3 clusters but not with old immo 2 clusters. I think that the case is by far more complicated with newer immo 4 or 5, according to my readings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: