Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Anyone know if its possible to interchange flashes on this application?  (Read 27204 times)
setzi62

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 04:45:11 AM »

Or if you are a really good hacker, you
can replace all immo functions in the new image with the correct ones for your car  Smiley.
I want to know this ! Wink
Would not say this is totally impossible, but I don't believe anybody has ever tried this, for good reasons.
You could spend several months in reverse engineering different images to find out how to do this  Shocked.
diagnosticator

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »

I purchased a Euro BEX ECU PN suffix AS, and had the immo turned off. The ECU works good in the manual transmission A4, US spec, 2003 models, but without the different injectors, the fuel trim eventually reaches the max adaptation limit. The turbo used on the BEX 190 hp engine are slightly different from the US AMB turbo as well as the BEX DSMICs. The exhaust manifold is a higher flow version of the AMB part too.
I originally wanted to run the BEX-AS ECU on my AMB tiptronic, but the ECU won't accept the soft coding value required for the tip trans with the AMB 1.8T. I loaned the ECU to a friend with an '03 A4 MT, and it ran well with the exception of the lean fuel trim limitation that occurred. His setup has a test pipe and a hot air intake also, that may effect the fuel trims.
diagnosticator

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »

eeek , in that case i would probably be better off just modding the stock file. Going to hang this one up. Will post a modded stock file most likely in jan. or feb.

Walter

You can try using APR's Immo Clone utility..But it only allegedly works on APR tuned ECUs.
 I have some screen views showing the EEPROM contents, and what to change to turn the Immo OFF, let me know if that would be useful.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:15:48 PM by diagnosticator » Logged
Twiki

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »

I'm sure the EEPROM contents would be usefull - I am trying to get a Canadian S4 cluster (not sure about the IMMO version) to talk to a US S4 T-box and would appreciate this info - sure I would need it at some stage...?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: