Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How do people get XDF files? Legality issue?  (Read 18400 times)
hutchb2

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »

HAHAHAAHA this thread kills me.

I find it hilarious that you are posting away on AZ trying to 'educate' people when you admittedly have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Here's a free life lesson: don't open your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about. People will call you for your bullshit. You were 'done' with that thread the moment you said anything.

If you use the phrase 'reverse engineered' or 'hacked' one more time, I'm going to punch a baby. Enough!

Quit hiding behind your noble intentions. No one cares and you aren't advancing shit when you try to delve into the mystery of the origins of definition files (or whatever your weekly infatuation may be).

Finally, I feel like you should at least get something positive out of this post; I'll help you out a bit. When Bosch/Audi develop their parameter sets (you call them tunes), they do so directly in their code before it is compiled and downloaded to the ECU. To explain this properly would take quite some time and I don't feel like spoon feeding today.
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »

HAHAHAAHA this thread kills me.

I find it hilarious that you are posting away on AZ trying to 'educate' people when you admittedly have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Here's a free life lesson: don't open your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about. People will call you for your bullshit. You were 'done' with that thread the moment you said anything.

If you use the phrase 'reverse engineered' or 'hacked' one more time, I'm going to punch a baby. Enough!

Quit hiding behind your noble intentions. No one cares and you aren't advancing shit when you try to delve into the mystery of the origins of definition files (or whatever your weekly infatuation may be).

Finally, I feel like you should at least get something positive out of this post; I'll help you out a bit. When Bosch/Audi develop their parameter sets (you call them tunes), they do so directly in their code before it is compiled and downloaded to the ECU. To explain this properly would take quite some time and I don't feel like spoon feeding today

Who are you? I think we can be friends.

lol

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
hutchb2

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »

Who are you? I think we can be friends.

lol

haha been reading threads on here for a while now. I have nothing to contribute so I keep my mouth shut and learn from you guys.
zillarob

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »

Id watch how much you say about that software hutch, Bosch will send ninja assassins to you house if you are not authorized.

I have the ME7 Master software if you want to build a file next time you are in town. Its cool stuff and pretty easy to use.
hutchb2

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »

I have the ME7 Master software if you want to build a file next time you are in town. Its cool stuff and pretty easy to use.

done! while im enjoying the current revision, we both know the CF's will be a little high come the warmer weather. I'm definitely in the need for a new parameter set (my new favorite phrase). and we still need to play with some rs4 tunes.
zillarob

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »

They were pretty clear about the ninja assassins in the contract I signed, but could prob get away with a few screenshots if we keep it on the down low.
hutchb2

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »

They were pretty clear about the ninja assassins in the contract I signed, but could prob get away with a few screenshots if we keep it on the down low.

I took karate once. we should be alright. Grin
zillarob

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »

Here ya go. Pretty basic really.

PS: I might need to borrow your vicious dawgs for a few weeks for protection!
hutchb2

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »

hahaha the drive through menu at McTunes (or Tunerking - which ever you prefer).

/this thread is now about drive-through tuner shops
zillarob

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »

Lol, Tunerking does have a certain ring to it!
I just hope this clears up some of the confusion on how tunes are actually developed Grin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:38:18 PM by zillarob » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »

This thread is a++

Quiz: how was this xdf made?

http://nyet.org/cars/files/4Z7907551R.xdf

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
hutchb2

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »

This thread is a++

Quiz: how was this xdf made?

http://nyet.org/cars/files/4Z7907551R.xdf

reverse hacking, clearly.
zillarob

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »

This mesim thing, now who was it I have seen mention that before Wink
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:56:08 PM by zillarob » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print