Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: Galletto software edited with PROPER ENGLISH  (Read 165484 times)
ddillenger

« on: January 20, 2013, 10:33:21 PM »

I edited the program a bit to clean up the language. I was tired of the terrible mixed english, and figured it would not only make me cringe less, but prevent new users from getting confused. I concentrated mainly on the me7, but streamlined everything. Do with it as you wish.

Since this has been stickied, I'll add a few more points.

You don't need a Galletto cable to run this software. What you do need is to edit the executable to match the serial number of your FTDI based cable. This is very easy to do. The serial is stored at offset 0x249E90 in the galletto executable (shown below). As it is, that serial is 47514789. You need it to match the serial stored in your flashing cable.

The software shown above is attached at the bottom of this post.

For those of you that are handy with m-prog you can always change the serial in your cable to match the program, but honestly this is just as easy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:38:05 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
A.Dutsov

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34:02 AM »

Just tried this method and my cable serial is A100enyw ... how to put this letters in?
cerips

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »

Look up the ASCII codes and use those.

ilyafil

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »

I'm also interested in finding out more about this. How do I find the serial on my cable? And how exactly do I change the serial? I tried messing around with the .exe but it doesn't make sense to me. Can someone school me on this?

P.S. Thanks for the Proper English Galletto update.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:55:21 PM by ilyafil » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »

Alright, I'll break it down a bit further.

Download M-prog. I've attached it here.

Unzip/install the program. Open it up, and in the TOOLS bar, select READ AND PARSE.

Save that number. From here you can either: Edit the galletto executable with a hex editor (attached in the first post), browsing to the offset listed above and enter YOUR serial number into the program, or if hex editing isn't your thing, you can program your cable with the bundled galletto serial number. Those steps are listed below.

Select the FILE menu, and NEW.

Select your device type. FT232R.

Once you do this, check the box titled "select serial number". Enter the serial number shown above.

Finally, hit SAVE TEMPLATE AS (it's the small disc ICON in the menu), and specify the template name. Once it's been saved you can select PROGRAM.

Your cable now has the serial number of all galletto bundled cables, and will work when plugged in. Changing the serial number in your cable will NOT invalidate your nefmoto premium license, HOWEVER other licensing systems may be affected. Be sure to save your original cable details PRIOR to reflashing your cable!!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:57:35 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ilyafil

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »

OK. When I do the first step (Read and Parse) I get an error. Read EEPROM fail - device 0. I'm guessing it's not reading my cable? I tried it with the cable powered by the OBD2 port - still the same.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:16:30 PM by ilyafil » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:17:15 PM »

Are you sure your cable is FTDI equipped?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ilyafil

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »

I'm not sure. It's a blue ebay cable that I use with VAG COM and Nefmoto.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »

Uninstall the VCP drivers using just the usb-serial converter, and retry connecting with m-prog. Try READING first, then Read and parse.

If it's still a no-go, open the cable and make sure it's ftdi.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ilyafil

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »

Uninstalled the driver. When I read only

Read EEPROM successful Device 0
0000 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
0010 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
0020 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
0030 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
0040 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
0050 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
0060 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
0070 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Here are the insides of my cable.

ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »

That's a 232/245BM chip, not writable. You need another cable to use with galletto.

Sorry.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ilyafil

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »

Oh, well. I ordered a Galletto cable already, just taking too long. Thanks again for your help.
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 08:29:50 PM »

Anytime.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ilyafil

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 03:36:26 PM »

OK. I got an FTDI cable, changed the serial as described above. I put my ECU in boot mode and tried to write. Here's what I get.

Writing ECU
Writing InitilizationOK
Seed key... OK
Erasing...OK
Start writing...Error writing

Any suggestions?
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »

That's odd. Try the bootmode option with nefmoto to verify you're in bootmode. You won't be able to do anything, but at least it'll confirm.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: