Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.1 N/A W/Wide band front 02 VR6 tuning for boost with blow thru  (Read 5479 times)
vwmaniac

I have a been working with this ecu for quite a while n/a and im going to be adding a turbo in the near future and wanted to know if there are any maps i should be considering beside kfzw and its counter parts, injector scaling, changing the load scaling, also adding fuel with lamfaw and the maf correction map. i will be using the stock maf for a blow thru set up on low boost with in its limits. im also considering 630cc injectors to leave room for higher boost and or e85. where should i start? fueling then timing and obviously part throttle then full throttle. any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
RaraK

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »

1.  Blow through on Bosch sensors.....sensor doesnt last that long, get a hitachi sensor.

2.  Tune your injectors now before turbo if you can for the 630's, youll know they are in check before switching blowthrough.(its how i did it when i was toying with it on my bmw)
vwmaniac

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »

Thank you, I see what you mean about the sensor. I plan on switching to an HPX sensor and higher boost down the road. thats a good idea for the injectors, thanks again. Maybe i could add a piece of foam after the intercooler before the maf to catch any oil that gets thru the system.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:49:10 AM by vwmaniac » Logged
prj

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:13 AM »

Maybe i could add a piece of foam after the intercooler before the maf to catch any oil that gets thru the system.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »

I bit my tongue on that one when I read it lol

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
vwmaniac

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »

you guys have never heard of a company called ITG that makes foam filters, why  wouldn't something like that work??? im not an idiot i just think outside the box. SORRY!
Axis

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »

you guys have never heard of a company called ITG that makes foam filters, why  wouldn't something like that work??? im not an idiot i just think outside the box. SORRY!
It's not the foam that is your problem it is where you put it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: