Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 110042 times)
goatman

« on: January 31, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »

Hi Guys,  I havent posted much to this forum so i will contribute.

I have been using the Moates Road Runner emulator with great success for quite some time now.

Works with both PSOP's 400/800.  Flash time is about 10 seconds.

The Ribbon cable is from Samtec part number FFMD-22-T-06.00-01-N

The Trick is that the pin orientation is reverse so you have to desolder the pins on the roadrunner board and solder them back in on the opposite side of the board.

If you have questions let me know.  I havent had the time to write and sort of adl for Tunerpro so i have been using this unit stictly as a faster flashing option when tuning on the dyno.

enjoy.

littco

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:03:33 PM »

Funny you should mention this!

I've been working with Craig at Moates and Mark mansur of tunerpro and very shortly like in the next week, we will have an adapter board specifically for the me7 ecu designed to place the roadrunner inside the case and keep the lid on and have the usb cable out the small rubber bung and to have byte swap built into the board thus edian swap isn't required.

Also tunerpro will be fully compatible and new version released to support both 16bit and 8 bit emulation.

I was going to wait until it had been tested fully but as you mention it seems like a good time.

I've already started creating .adx files so datatracing and gauges can be used.

Good work though...

Plan is also to use the cables you have but as the adapter board is byteswap you can use original cables with no modification allowing 1 RR unit to be used on multiple Ecu's

phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »

Where do I sign up!?
goatman

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »

Funny you should mention this!

I've been working with Craig at Moates and Mark mansur of tunerpro and very shortly like in the next week, we will have an adapter board specifically for the me7 ecu designed to place the roadrunner inside the case and keep the lid on and have the usb cable out the small rubber bung and to have byte swap built into the board thus edian swap isn't required.

Also tunerpro will be fully compatible and new version released to support both 16bit and 8 bit emulation.

I was going to wait until it had been tested fully but as you mention it seems like a good time.

I've already started creating .adx files so datatracing and gauges can be used.

Good work though...

Plan is also to use the cables you have but as the adapter board is byteswap you can use original cables with no modification allowing 1 RR unit to be used on multiple Ecu's

if you use winols like i do, you dont have to use winendian,  go to Hardware>swap lines,   and check swap lines.

Now each time you do a file export it will export with swapped lines.

i still use emutility but as long as you maintain the same file name you can set emutility to sense code changes and it will automatically upload,  so essentially  CTRL+E   enter enter enter. and bam your good.
littco

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »

Where do I sign up!?

Haha...

Here I guess..
If you've got a roadrunner then the adpater boards will be availble very shortly, I had an email they went into production last week and we should have the first lot for testing in the next week or so. I'll need to check with Moates regarding distribution but I'd imagine they're be purchasable from Moates directly.

Currently Tunerpro supports Roadrunner but it has a few restraints at present. You can use emutility and the tunerpro plugin along side PRj's patch to allow real time emulation, and Tunerpro does similar but presently only supports the 16 bit maps as the tunerpro has a bug so the 8bit tables wont emulate but that's being resolved as we speak and Mark said we would have a beta version this week, so hopefully in the upcoming days all being well it will be ready for testing as well.

I'm hoping that this is going to be very useful to the me7 community..

Goatman, very intersting about Winols, I hadn't pursued it yet as I was just concentrating on getting a working solution from Mark Mansur before exploring other tuning packages and as tunerpro is essentially free $39 registration free it goes well.

Bische

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »

I see this in my feature  Smiley
britishturbo

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »

Oh hello!
Do want!
littco

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »

Oh hello!
Do want!

Well I've just got an email from moates to say test adapter boards are ready for shipping so hopefully I'll have them next week and if all ok production will be straight away .

2 boards will be available , one with byte swap and one standard, cables are also being made which I think will negate the issue goat man had in swapping the header pin over.

I'll probably start a new thread if its ok with the mods with all the details etc .

Hopefully at last we'll have an affordable emulator for the me7
britishturbo

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 08:52:26 PM »

Well I've just got an email from moates to say test adapter boards are ready for shipping so hopefully I'll have them next week and if all ok production will be straight away .

2 boards will be available , one with byte swap and one standard, cables are also being made which I think will negate the issue goat man had in swapping the header pin over.

I'll probably start a new thread if its ok with the mods with all the details etc .

Hopefully at last we'll have an affordable emulator for the me7

That sounds awesome.
Any idea what the price will be?

Oh and we have a full smt setup at work if anyone needs help soldering their ecu ;-)
Bische

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:27:16 AM »

I just want to clarify: will it be able to trace the maps like with Ostrich?

I must have a really old copy of tunerpro, I just dropped my jaw when I looked at the v5 RT..

Im definatly switching to Tunerpro if the Roadrunner will support tracing/datalogging.
littco

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 01:46:12 AM »

I just want to clarify: will it be able to trace the maps like with Ostrich?

I must have a really old copy of tunerpro, I just dropped my jaw when I looked at the v5 RT..

Im definatly switching to Tunerpro if the Roadrunner will support tracing/datalogging.

Have you looked much at tunerpro rt? Live emulation on 16bit maps currently is working, its been tested and works, 8bit is currently being sorted as a bug was found in writing 8bit values back to the emulator in realtime .

Data logging,gauges and data tracing is supported in a similar way to any other realtime data logger or even the me7 logger. In tunerpro rt you create an .adx file which basically configures your tunerpro .xdf to associate known variables such as nmot, wped, etc etc so you bind the axis in the xdf with your variable associated with it. The good news is we take data we can get from me7 logger .ecu file and add it into the .adx . Once you have made your .adx if you look in .xdf file for your Ecu one of the tabs in the edit box says "associations" and here you add the .adx into your .xdf and bingo you're good to go.

Once the adapters are done and tested I think the hardest part will be creating the .adx files but once one is done and posted similar to .xdfs they be easy to customise. I've been getting to grips with making .adx files and its not that hard but I plan on writing a how to. The more people we can get involved the more comprehensive it can be made.

Bische

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 02:48:55 AM »

Have you looked much at tunerpro rt? Live emulation on 16bit maps currently is working, its been tested and works, 8bit is currently being sorted as a bug was found in writing 8bit values back to the emulator in realtime .

Data logging,gauges and data tracing is supported in a similar way to any other realtime data logger or even the me7 logger. In tunerpro rt you create an .adx file which basically configures your tunerpro .xdf to associate known variables such as nmot, wped, etc etc so you bind the axis in the xdf with your variable associated with it. The good news is we take data we can get from me7 logger .ecu file and add it into the .adx . Once you have made your .adx if you look in .xdf file for your Ecu one of the tabs in the edit box says "associations" and here you add the .adx into your .xdf and bingo you're good to go.

Once the adapters are done and tested I think the hardest part will be creating the .adx files but once one is done and posted similar to .xdfs they be easy to customise. I've been getting to grips with making .adx files and its not that hard but I plan on writing a how to. The more people we can get involved the more comprehensive it can be made.

I have not used Tunerpro much at all.. But im sold now Smiley

Im getting a RT license asap and getting to work with the definitions, thanks for all the info littco!
littco

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 05:14:36 AM »

I have not used Tunerpro much at all.. But im sold now Smiley

Im getting a RT license asap and getting to work with the definitions, thanks for all the info littco!

You can run RT without license but it has a 10 second delay in loading, I have a license solely as mark is putting in extra work to help get this running properly so its a small to pay really .
Snow Trooper

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »

Are they looking for any additional beta testers?  I would even be willing to pay the projected retail pricing and do testing.  I have literally stopped developing on me7 because of lack of an emulator and my busy schedule.  It may seem silly but it just takes too much time in a given day when trying new things and spending so much time flashing.

I have no problem writing the .adx files either.

Sort of relatred, I almost have openport 2.0 def files ready for the popular 7.1 ecus because I like the standalone data log feature of their hardware, plus the input for a lc-1.  Been testing it on my cars and so far so good.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
littco

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »

Are they looking for any additional beta testers?  I would even be willing to pay the projected retail pricing and do testing.  I have literally stopped developing on me7 because of lack of an emulator and my busy schedule.  It may seem silly but it just takes too much time in a given day when trying new things and spending so much time flashing.

I have no problem writing the .adx files either.

Sort of relatred, I almost have openport 2.0 def files ready for the popular 7.1 ecus because I like the standalone data log feature of their hardware, plus the input for a lc-1.  Been testing it on my cars and so far so good.

As far as I know, all that needs to happen is for me to check the adapter board works as planned ie locates in suitable position on me7 and the byte swap is correct, shouldn't take more than a day to function test then the boards will go into production, the road runner guts kit is available now but obviously not as needed. I know Craig @ moates has a couple of spare adapter boards made up so drop him a line , all being well the boards should be available in the next few weeks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: