Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 110045 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »

Just ordered one of these (go me!)

From what I gather if exporting with OLS you can avoid the byteswap board as long as you export with swapped lines. Can anyone give a brief summation on that? I saw the diagram earlier (page2) but it leaves a bit to be desired.

Thanks!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
bofh

« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2014, 06:47:08 AM »

just ordered a roadrunner.
cant wait to get this thing into my hands.  Grin

btw:
is anyone interested on using the roadrunner with older m3.8.1 / m5.9 ecus (equiped with plcc44 eprom)?
i'm thinking about designing an adapter board with plcc44 plug to psop44 because I want to use it in my m3.8.1 vr6 ecu too.
prj

« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2014, 07:15:30 AM »

Yes, I will gladly pay for a such adapter.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
eg4

« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »

the roadrunner can emulate the 27c1024? I am very interested in the adapter
prj

« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2014, 02:31:24 PM »

the roadrunner can emulate the 27c1024? I am very interested in the adapter

I don't see why not. Or you can use 2x Ostrich with a clever adapter.
I have 2x Ostrich and a Roadrunner, so makes no difference to me which way.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
terok

« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2014, 02:32:38 AM »

Yes RR works fine in place of 27c1024, i have had it running on M3.8.2.
I made my own adapter, but would also be interested in more professional one Smiley

Btw, every M3.8.3 and up, that i've seen, use 29f200 so44 flash.
eliotroyano

« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2014, 07:06:15 AM »

Yes RR works fine in place of 27c1024, i have had it running on M3.8.2.
I made my own adapter, but would also be interested in more professional one Smiley
Btw, every M3.8.3 and up, that i've seen, use 29f200 so44 flash.

Great work friend. Can you post some pics? Do you use TunerPro with the RR and your own XDF definition?
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

500$USD for the emulator, 30$ USD for adaptor
bofh

« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2014, 03:06:55 PM »

@terok:
good to hear that it works. how did you do it? with wires?

27C1024 uses the same signal levels and pinout can be mapped to 28f800.
eg4

« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2014, 05:19:27 AM »

anyone sell the adapter?
MIL_on

« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2014, 05:46:06 PM »

I've got mine now also set on a board and i could be ready to go....but: I can't connect to the ecu, as soon as the RR sits in the place of the 29f800. Neither Nefmoto Flasher nor VCDS could even find the ecu. If i read it out in Bootmode everything's fine! the read file is the same as loaded to the emulator before. This is already the second ecu, as i thought the first one might got smashed while i tried several EEprom contents to make it possibly work. It doesnt matter if i put a immo off + testmodel file on the eeprom or the stock content: i cant connect. Any ideas on this?

Bische: did you manage to find the ecu on the bench via vcds? Also: how did you overcome the problem with replacing the file while monitoring it? shut off monitoring, save it and monitor it again?
I think i'm going to try it tomorrow in the car, although i would guess, that it wont be really successful...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:00:39 PM by MIL_on » Logged
MIL_on

« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:19 PM »

ok...at least its possible to export the file to another folder and copy it over to the monitored folder/file and replace it this way....little script should do the job.
with the main problem: No communications.....no succeed till now on the bench
littco

« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2014, 12:25:03 AM »

ok...at least its possible to export the file to another folder and copy it over to the monitored folder/file and replace it this way....little script should do the job.

Hi..

I can connect with vcds etc, it shouldn't be any different..

Are you using the byte swap board on your setup?

With regards to the file saving, what I do ,depending on how I'm actually using it , is either use tuner pro rt and just make a change and save the file as is, or use the monitor feature of the emutility. With this is use tuner pro and use the "save as" to create a new different file but the "save" on the monitoring file.. Thus creating an ongoing monitored file and a new version to refer back to if needed.

I much prefer using emutility and monitoring as when you save it obviously does the checksums at the same time and doesn't lead to a locked up emulator , which can occur sometimes after a lot of changes and an ignition recycle . Sometimes fixed with another ignition recycle but sometimes needs a reflash of the EEPROM

littco

« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2014, 12:29:21 AM »

Prj did a tuner pro plugin, that created a second byte swapped file that could be monitored instead regardless of what the actual file was named saved as.. I'm sure it could be reworked to duplicate the saved/saved as file.. But I don't think it's really needed..

MIL_on

« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2014, 05:07:17 AM »

yeah i'm using the byte-swap board! I did it step by step this time, because on the first ecu i did everything (soldering+re-programming of eeprom) in one step. With the same result. So i took a second one (both 06a906032HN 001) and programmed the eeprom first (original content immo offed and test model). Before programming the eeprom Nefmoto Flasher couldnt read it because immo seemed to be active (dont know why).  after reprogramming eeprom it was communicating with the non-bootmode progs more or less as normal, only one thing: Nefmoto Flasher couldnt read the content as the ecu seemed not to support security login? I thought it wouldnt matter quite a lot, as i wouldnt need to flash it via OBD anyways.

After soldering the header on, installing the RR and sending a file onto it via emutility - no communication at all... I'm really wondering what it is, as it's as already the second pcb, as said before. I think i'm going to take the first one and resolder a flash on it and check whether this one works like before i did the emu-conversion....never had any bricks after reflashing till now...

what might be worth to mention: I'm using argdubs programmer for the 95040 and i have to use v1.31, as 1.40 doesnt really work as intended (always errors, no connections etc.). Maybe i should take the eeprom out and program it direct? Although i checked the content again and again...

EDIT: ...ok....shame on me  Grin after writing the post i took a look whether all pins of the header are good and by doing so i realized that i also have to have blown off the resistor near the flash while desoldering it and i was just too tired yesterday to see it....
its communicating now with vcds!

EDIT2: it worked for like 10 minutes orso....then tried to read the flash-content with nefmoto and at 4% an error occured and since that = absolutely no communication?
anybody had this before?

EDIT3: after soldering the flash back to ECU#1 and using original eeprom-content : works as if never anything happened....so its only while having the emulator on the pcb....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:58:30 AM by MIL_on » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: