Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 112213 times)
littco

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 08:51:33 AM »

Headers are $10 bucks huh. Might have to get a few sets of those.

Question:

Once you have your tune dialed in, what are you guys doing? Removing the headers and installing a normal eprom, or (more likely) putting another ecu in and keeping the emulator in the spare ecu. Noone is actually leaving these things in there permanently are they?

I bought a collection of ecus to test the RR on. I guess ideally you flash your good map onto a main Ecu . I know PRJ leaves his Ecu/emulator permantely in his car with no issue.

If you plan on using maybe to tune other cars then once you've tuned it with your Ecu setup you put the original back and flash the map. As many of the me7.5's are cross compatible you could in theory use the same Ecu for multiple cars.

I have 1 for all the s3/tt's me7.5 , me7.1 for the f400 , me7.5 for the b6 a4 and me7.5 for the seat lcr . Pretty much covers all the vag 1.8t cars.

Sorry I totally forgot to stick the encryp board in the post to you. I'll do it tonight.
Rick

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »

Cool, sounds like progress.

Are you still coding ECU into test mode or checksumming as you go?

Rick
prj

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »

I'm coding it into test mode and there is also a small patch required so it starts with an invalid checksum. But if you sum on save it's not important.
Not coding it into test mode means that if you get unlucky, then at some point you are going to be stranded with a non-starter and checksum error code stored in ECU. Even if you correct the checksums on every read/write.

This is because the ECU is constantly summing itself, and if you change data while it's summing a specific region, the checksum can fail.
I believe OLS300 has the same issue ... so the test model is recommended either way.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »

Is coding it into test mode a simple change in the flash (like a table/constant) or some other type of hack?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
phila_dot

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »

Is coding it into test mode a simple change in the flash (like a table/constant) or some other type of hack?

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=274.0
jibberjive

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2013, 04:55:34 AM »

We should talk to Road Runner to see if they'd be interested in a group buy when this initially hits.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2013, 07:56:37 AM »

Gracias!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
littco

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »

We should talk to Road Runner to see if they'd be interested in a group buy when this initially hits.

UPDATE

Adaptor boards arrived yesterday, both boards fit perfectly into the me7.5 and allow the lid to close and look like stock .

Normal board has been tested and works perfectly just as Goatman and Prj have said in the past. You need to load the emulator with an endian swapped file then use TP and emutility with a plugin to get it work, changes made and saved to the TP file automatically update the emulator in seconds.

The byte swap board isn't presently working as we need to check we have the right lines swapped, once this is sorted then live emulation will be possible, the new version of TunerProRT is also finished so supports 8 and 16 bit . 

Have to say its amazing, even its current form map changes are so simple. Takes about 10 seconds to make a change in a map.

Does any one have a schematic of the psop44 and lines to byte swap, I have one from Moates but want to check it. 
jooo

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »

DQ0 swap with DQ8
DQ1 swap with DQ9
up to
DQ7 swap with DQ15
Rick

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 02:56:07 PM »

So the normal adapter is just acting the same way as swapping the header on the Moates?  Presumably just plugging into the existing header?  Do Moates supply a decent PSOP55 to header adapter adapter?  The pics I've seen the horizontal spacing is off, so you'd have to make something up...

Rick
prj

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »

The PSOP44 header they supply is fine. Hot airs right on.

Log your car properly.
Rick

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »

I know someone that has a Moates so I think i'll have a play.  I'll order one of their headers, use OLS to export byte swapped, swap Moates header around, use a test mode bin and see what happens Smiley
prj

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »

I know someone that has a Moates so I think i'll have a play.  I'll order one of their headers, use OLS to export byte swapped, swap Moates header around, use a test mode bin and see what happens Smiley

You don't need to swap the Moates header around if you are exporting byte swapped.
You either swap the header, or export byte swapped.

Just run EmUtility to monitor the file you export to in OLS, then export byte swapped binary with OLS and overwrite the file each time, and you should be good.

Log your car properly.
Rick

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »

That makes sense.  The OP seems to contradict himself by saying he is swapping the header, then saying he uses OLS to export byte-swapped.  Guessing he means header is swapped when using Tunerpro.

Rick
littco

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »

That makes sense.  The OP seems to contradict himself by saying he is swapping the header, then saying he uses OLS to export byte-swapped.  Guessing he means header is swapped when using Tunerpro.

Rick

Hi Rick,

The cable he is using reverses the polarity , so you would need 2 cables to use RR with cables, he is using 1 and swapping the header over to the other side to achieve the same thing as 2 cables. With One cable pin 1 becomes 44 etc etc with 2 cables you reverse the reverse ... You then need byte swap..

The adaptor I have is supposed to have the correct byte swap lines then, I need to check them and for shorts..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: