Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 111765 times)
MIL_on

« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2014, 03:47:37 PM »

Sorry for the 2nd post in a row, but some good news and maybe also quite useful for everyone who might be stuck in the same problem after me:
Although being unable to communicate with the ecu(s) (both same problem) i decided to give it a try and testet it in the car and....everything worked fine! after the first start i was able to communicate via vcds etc!
now back on the bench: no communication Cheesy but as long as it works in the car i'm happy.
bofh

« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2014, 06:23:06 AM »

My roadrunner with byte swapping board works fine in a M3.8.3. Used it to tune an AGU engine last weekend.
The only thing I noticed is that hit-tracing is currently broken (tried various TunerPro versions).

Next test will be in a ME7 ecu. Smiley
littco

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2014, 06:51:58 AM »

My roadrunner with byte swapping board works fine in a M3.8.3. Used it to tune an AGU engine last weekend.
The only thing I noticed is that hit-tracing is currently broken (tried various TunerPro versions).

Next test will be in a ME7 ecu. Smiley

tracing doesn't work on this or roadrunner.. It needs an elm327 cable and to be configured with the same channels as vagcom, but even then it doesn't work.. It basically was only designed to give channel data, a bit like vagcom, so you could have a Nmot and load axis or anyother channel elm can log, but again it doesn't work with the me7...

I did speak to tunerpro about it and although he looked into it it wasn't really a big thing for him..

A plug in that used me7 logger would be better
bofh

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »

According to moates the roadrunner protocol should be very similiar to the ostrich protocol. So it should be no big thing to get hit-tracing working with the roadrunner. I'm currently requesting docs from moates to play a little bit with the TP SDK / roadrunner.

Yes, me7logger plugin would also be nice for me7 but unusable on M3.x
bofh

« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

btw: I'm also in contact with TP author about this bug.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2017, 11:11:20 PM »

Bringing this back from the dead...

Having issues with checksum death codes in my 01 Allroad running the 8d0907551M 0002 -

I have the e2p in test mode, checksums updated, have done the asm hack (searching for 47 F8 55 00 CC 00 CC 00, searching for E6 F4 FF DF from there, taking the last 2 bytes of the address, and updating the original string with EA 00 XX XX in loHi).

I can drive the car for hours with emulation enabled and making changes to the running flash.

The second I turn the car off, I get the death code, and have to re-write the e2p.

Even if I shut the car off, save the running flash, update the checksums, and write it back, it still sets the code.

Just curious if there are any other fixes for this out there, or if anyone has looked at the routine and modified it to write 00's instead of 33's to the e2p?

Bonus pictures attached of how I have it packaged for the 2.7T - this fits inside the factory ECU box - I got the idea after seeing the way this is done with Bosch development ECU's.
prj

« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2017, 07:41:43 AM »

Find where it writes death code into eeprom.
There is basically a branch in code, checksum ok or failed, make sure it always branches to "OK" and it will even clear the death code for you.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »

I've used this emu on this ecu (and BEL 2.7T's) and have never run into this issue using the same methods as Jason.  Huh

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
prj

« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »

I've used this emu on this ecu (and BEL 2.7T's) and have never run into this issue using the same methods as Jason.  Huh
Nor have I.

Log your car properly.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »

I think this is a problem specific to the Allroad.  I'm not sure why.

I don't have a single issue in my S4.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »

I think this is a problem specific to the Allroad.  I'm not sure why.

I don't have a single issue in my S4.

Can you run the same binary on both?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2017, 09:18:13 PM »

I already do run the same binary - 8D0907551M.

Also to note the Allroad has been a fickle bitch in the past with OBD flashing regardless of speed - random failures and hiccups - flashes just fine on the bench.  Hence the emulator purchase.  I've also tried 2 different ECU's with the same results.

DT

« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2017, 03:52:16 PM »

Jason:

I would suggest to log the eeprom mirror in RAM with me7logger during shutting down to see how it looks compared to what you read from eeprom after death code situation.

Not the same problem as yours but I have been addressing another by setting a low TNLSGM described in http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=10267 which still might relate to the same RR phenomenon.
There I report that 2sec was to little, but from what I can see now I used 2sec last time I ran the RR.

Today I saw the following on moates site but perhaps it's been there from the beginning, this is probably the cause of some ME7 problems with RR http://support.moates.net/roadrunner/
Please note that the RR does *not* function identically to a “normal” PCM in terms of long term keep-alive memory.  When you turn the key off with a RR PCM, the PCM will reset every time.  If you need to pass emissions or do other functions that depend on this memory, you may have to use a normal PCM.

Depending on when and IF this reset occur in ME7 and might relate to your problem if it happens during write sequence of eeprom.

We really should have a FAQ topic on the Moates RR, now we have two or more threads with information.

DT

« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »

btw, this was quicker than creating a custom pcb for byteswap and also enables fitting inside different ecu's without a handful of different byteswap boards.

prj

« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2017, 10:09:52 AM »

You can do the byteswapping in software, my OLS tool already does this automatically.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: