Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 113967 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2013, 09:28:17 AM »

Now im weighing if I should leave the desolder/solder job to someone professional or if I should get some Chipquik and attempt it myself..

Im clear on how its done, but I have not practiced smd soldering before.

Be very careful, don't pull at all! Those pads lift easily. On the same note, don't use too much heat for the same reason. I'd practice on a bad ecu first.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Bische

« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »

Be very careful, don't pull at all! Those pads lift easily. On the same note, don't use too much heat for the same reason. I'd practice on a bad ecu first.

Thanks man, the problem is I only have good ECU's Smiley

I'll dig up an old grapics card or something.
Rick

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2013, 12:00:20 PM »

In test mode, are you able to start the car with an invalid checksum?  OLS300 updates them as you go - i know test mode allows invalid checksum when running, but what about starting up?

Rick
littco

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2013, 12:21:42 PM »

In test mode, are you able to start the car with an invalid checksum?  OLS300 updates them as you go - i know test mode allows invalid checksum when running, but what about starting up?

Rick

Yes, every so often the car won't start, but you just recycle the ignition and it'll start fine. Only had the issue a few times but a quick off/on and it starts fine.. Ecu never locked so it won't start.
Bische

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »

I ordered up some odds and ends and will polish my soldering skills a bit more, should have the stuff I need in about 2weeks.
Bische

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »

I have had the header soldered on, emulator is in and I have flashed the emulator with the .bin. All this went fine, but I cant connect to the ECU on the bench.

Do I have to change adress mapping in Emutility?
prj

« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2013, 12:43:43 AM »

In test mode, are you able to start the car with an invalid checksum?

No, an ASM hack is needed. Test mode only turns off validation of checksums when running.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2013, 12:44:16 AM »

Thanks man, the problem is I only have good ECU's Smiley

I'll dig up an old grapics card or something.

Send me the thing, I'm pretty close geographically.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Bische

« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2013, 12:52:20 AM »

Send me the thing, I'm pretty close geographically.

I have the header soldered on now, thanks anyway prj!

please look at:
I have had the header soldered on, emulator is in and I have flashed the emulator with the .bin. All this went fine, but I cant connect to the ECU on the bench.

Do I have to change adress mapping in Emutility?

Note: I have not coded it into test mode nor done any ASM hack yet.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:54:05 AM by Bische » Logged
Bische

« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »

bootmode readout, looks like I read out empty memory from the emulator. Leads me to think I am writing the .bin in the wrong memory space.

Also attached the .bin im flashing, the very one I pulled in boot mode of the stock chip yesterday, before I got the header soldered on.
littco

« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »

bootmode readout, looks like I read out empty memory from the emulator. Leads me to think I am writing the .bin in the wrong memory space.

Also attached the .bin im flashing, the very one I pulled in boot mode of the stock chip yesterday, before I got the header soldered on.
sorry I have been keeping an eye on this but not had a chance to reply.

Have you tried reading the file off the RR you flashed on with emutility and or tunerpro to check its writing correctly? On mine I had an issue where 2 off the solder joints on the adapter where shorting and the data was getting scrambled.. If you do that and then check the maps I tunerpro to make they are correct, might save you a lot of guessing as to whether it was working or not.

Also I've never had any issues with the car not starting with incorrect checksums. The times it has failed to start I just recycle the ignition and its fine.. What's this asm hack that's needed? All I've done it set the Ecu to test mode, or am I miss reading the post?
Bische

« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2013, 01:16:18 AM »

sorry I have been keeping an eye on this but not had a chance to reply.

Have you tried reading the file off the RR you flashed on with emutility and or tunerpro to check its writing correctly? On mine I had an issue where 2 off the solder joints on the adapter where shorting and the data was getting scrambled.. If you do that and then check the maps I tunerpro to make they are correct, might save you a lot of guessing as to whether it was working or not.

Also I've never had any issues with the car not starting with incorrect checksums. The times it has failed to start I just recycle the ignition and its fine.. What's this asm hack that's needed? All I've done it set the Ecu to test mode, or am I miss reading the post?

Thanks for taking time and chime in littco, I have not read back from the emu. Can you verify the memory settings you use in Emutility?

I want to verify that first, then I'll flash to that space and read it back out to see if the data got in there correctly.
Bische

« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2013, 01:32:56 AM »

Ok, I used these settings:

Readout from Emu is 100% to the stock file I flashed.
littco

« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2013, 01:39:23 AM »

Have you tried running it in the car? I only ask as I had a similar problem where I couldn't connect on the bench but in the car it was fine and started ok as well.
littco

« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2013, 01:41:34 AM »

Settings look ok. I just use tuner pro now to flash the RR now as it seems easier . Just a person use and no settings to worry about:-)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: