Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good List of Models and ECU Types?  (Read 4251 times)
300exPat

« on: February 01, 2013, 08:39:17 AM »

Hi, I'm new here and have done a lot of reading around to try and figure out how to make a start in tuning.  I wanted to find out if there was a list anywhere of make/model and ECU type to help determine what tools are applicable for each model.

I'd like to find out what I can use for a 2003 A6 2.7t and many mk4 jetta tdi's in my family.  I am fully capable of researching what ECU's they have (I believe ME7 and EDC15), but it seems like a waste of time searching for each model when a list may be readily available.
cyril279

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »

...I am fully capable of researching what ECU's they have (I believe ME7 and EDC15), but it seems like a waste of time searching for each model when a list may be readily available.

I'm new here too, and am unaware of a complete, comprehensive list of car-types vs what's in them.  Outside of the stickied threads under "Flashing and Chipping" and "Nefmoto Software", Pouring through the info may be the only way.  A one-vehicle-at-a-time approach might be the most efficient, since your search times will decrease exponentially as you learn how things work, and where to find the information here.

Regarding reading and flashing your mkiv me7.x jettas, most items on the wiki apply. If you get into bench flashing, don't ignore pin 21.

cheers
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:39:48 AM by cyril279 » Logged
300exPat

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »

Great, thanks for the response.  I had a feeling that it would require a lot of digging around, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something that could exponentially help me in research time. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: