Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trouble getting into bootmode? (me7.1 f29400bb)  (Read 4945 times)
cyril279

« on: February 01, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »

I have a junkyard me7.1 f29400bb on an 11.6V ATX powered bench harness, and I couldn’t get it into bootmode to save my life.

My harness was originally wired to match this schematic (I also grounded pin one, and did not use any resistors). Kwp protocols worked fine, but I couldn’t get the ecu into bootmode to save my life. Not with two seconds or six, not with nefmoto or galletto or me7_95040.

I found remarkable success after adding a switch to pin 3 at the ecu.

Now I can avoid cycling the whole power system. The harness and cable are always energized by the power supply, and I use the pin 3 switch to engage bootmode and power cycle the ECU.

fast easy bootmode everytime now, I hope this helps someone else.

sick amounts of bench harness info at this german wiki

and of course much credit to the stickied bench thread

thanks ddillenger

-Cyril
1gcrazy

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »

I know it seems redundant but could you add a schematic of this? I've got an ECU similar to this and I can't get it into boot mode... I've tried 50 times, 20 different ways.

I have a junkyard me7.1 f29400bb on an 11.6V ATX powered bench harness, and I couldn’t get it into bootmode to save my life.

My harness was originally wired to match this schematic (I also grounded pin one, and did not use any resistors). Kwp protocols worked fine, but I couldn’t get the ecu into bootmode to save my life. Not with two seconds or six, not with nefmoto or galletto or me7_95040.

I found remarkable success after adding a switch to pin 3 at the ecu.

Now I can avoid cycling the whole power system. The harness and cable are always energized by the power supply, and I use the pin 3 switch to engage bootmode and power cycle the ECU.

fast easy bootmode everytime now, I hope this helps someone else.

sick amounts of bench harness info at this german wiki

and of course much credit to the stickied bench thread

thanks ddillenger

-Cyril
Carsinc

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 07:22:49 PM »

What voltage are you running? I hear of people having a hard time with boot but I seem to be pretty lucky.
I recommend using 12.5volts to 13.v
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: