Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Tip TCU Hack  (Read 51884 times)
Door ding

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2023, 12:42:34 PM »

I think I was happiest at 10% (1.1 ohms) for the base line pressure and shift solenoids, but I ended up at 20% for the TC function.  20% (1.2 ohms) on line pressure was really harsh.

So I’m understanding this correctly, you did 1.1 ohm resistors on everything except the TC, which you originally went to a .8 ohm from the 1.0 original but ended up with a 1.2ohm on the TC in the end instead of the .8, correct?
prj

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2023, 01:12:12 PM »

So I’m understanding this correctly, you did 1.1 ohm resistors on everything except the TC, which you originally went to a .8 ohm from the 1.0 original but ended up with a 1.2ohm on the TC in the end instead of the .8, correct?
Don't do it, get the torque converter rebuilt. It's retarded to do this.

If the TCC is leaking oil it's just a matter of time until that resistor mod won't be enough.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Door ding

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2023, 01:29:54 PM »

Don't do it, get the torque converter rebuilt. It's retarded to do this.

If the TCC is leaking oil it's just a matter of time until that resistor mod won't be enough.

My TC is working fine. The car is a c5 Allroad with a 5hp19fla that has about 150k and has the occasional slip during shifting.  My interest is to prevent the failure that will occur with wear when the tcu doesn’t know to up the pressure when the clutch material has worn away. I just did the 1,2,and 3 resistors but was going to wait for confirmation on the eds5 value.
prj

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2023, 01:32:19 PM »

My TC is working fine. The car is a c5 Allroad with a 5hp19fla that has about 150k and has the occasional slip during shifting.  My interest is to prevent the failure that will occur with wear when the tcu doesn’t know to up the pressure when the clutch material has worn away. I just did the 1,2,and 3 resistors but was going to wait for confirmation on the eds5 value.
You're not fixing anything, if it slips the clutch is completely gone or you've tuned the engine without tuning the sw in the trans.
The trans has something called GLUE adaptation, and it will adapt back down. The effect will be temporary.

Don't do any of these resistor mods, it's a waste of time.

The pressure is not a static value in the trans, it adapts to the clutch wear all the time.

Log your car properly.
Door ding

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2023, 02:26:55 PM »

You're not fixing anything, if it slips the clutch is completely gone or you've tuned the engine without tuning the sw in the trans.
The trans has something called GLUE adaptation, and it will adapt back down. The effect will be temporary.

Don't do any of these resistor mods, it's a waste of time.

The pressure is not a static value in the trans, it adapts to the clutch wear all the time.
Damn, that’s disappointing. Seemed like the OP and some others had some luck with it. I don’t know of anyone that does tuning for these older TCU modules anymore. If you know of someone that still does it, please let me know.

Thanks
prj

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2023, 02:54:41 PM »

You can try to ask Jason at AMD.

I know the trans quite well, but I don't do tuning anymore at all.

Log your car properly.
sda2

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2023, 01:43:54 PM »

Is that something I could buy from you?
prj

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2023, 12:55:31 AM »

I am working on a filedb/website where I'm going to put all my files that I made over the years, and it will be possible. The RS6 C5 900+nm trans file will be there too.
But don't ask me when, I am working on this in the spare time I have from running the whole VehiCAL operation.

For now no, I do not deal with/sell any calibration related stuff.

Log your car properly.
sda2

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2023, 07:31:31 AM »

I meant the 5HP19 BMW A2L. Or do you know someone where I could get that from.
prj

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2023, 12:16:23 PM »

I meant the 5HP19 BMW A2L. Or do you know someone where I could get that from.
I don't have a BMW one, I have a VAG one.

No idea where to get it, sorry.

Log your car properly.
miki_cba

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2023, 02:26:56 PM »

Yes.
Stock trans, no slip.
It can actually hold in excess of 900nm with the correct software modifications.

A lot of stuff needs to be recalibrated due to MDNORM issues.

Hi prj,
can you give me a little more information about software modification fot this TCU?
i search and read a lot but in the end, i didnt find anything that actually helps (probably my falult but i really searched a lot). That is why i have hope with the hard mod that is in here.

Thank you very much!
(i was about to send you a PM then i see your signature   Grin )
prj

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2023, 02:30:40 PM »

Nothing that can be summed up in a post, you need to understand the gearbox mechanics, identify the issues and solve it.
Main issue in ZF5HP is the holding pressure maxes out at a certain torque and it won't go any higher.

This causes trans to slip in gear, there's a bunch of other issues too.

I'll try to put all my stuff online Q1 this year, including the trans tunes, after that everyone can have fun copy pasting.

Log your car properly.
miki_cba

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2023, 02:48:53 PM »

Nothing that can be summed up in a post, you need to understand the gearbox mechanics, identify the issues and solve it.
Main issue in ZF5HP is the holding pressure maxes out at a certain torque and it won't go any higher.

This causes trans to slip in gear, there's a bunch of other issues too.

I'll try to put all my stuff online Q1 this year, including the trans tunes, after that everyone can have fun copy pasting.

yup in my case i know i have to make a rebuild (something complicated where i live). it was acting funny when warm (i bought the car in that way.. i got scammed) then i make a STG 1 to the car and the gearbox was not happy at all.. (allroad 2.5 TDI) so i make a service (put new filter, fluid and a transgo pressure regulator valve) and everything go worst. start getting the TCC error that i wasnt having before.. i start getting a heavy slip when hot (before the services i have some bangs and harst shifts sometimes but no slip) and thinks like that (the fluid level is correct). So, i need a rebuild but i want to hold more power when the rebuild is done. and were i live there is no easy access to aftermarket parts. and i want to experiment with the TCU before and after that haha.

Thank you ver much!!
prj

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2023, 02:58:17 PM »

If you have 2.5 TDI and it slips then it's damaged mechanically dude. 100%.

You don't need a trans tune, you need a reputable rebuilder to restore it to working condition.

Log your car properly.
miki_cba

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2023, 03:07:26 PM »

If you have 2.5 TDI and it slips then it's damaged mechanically dude. 100%.

You don't need a trans tune, you need a reputable rebuilder to restore it to working condition.

yes, is damaged for sure (and there is no reputable rebuilder here so i will do it mysef). but i want to make more power after the rebuild and i would like to hold and last the power, plus a quicker shift, my grandma shift quicker. (and no 6psd manual like in all the country available).

so thats why i want try a trans tune after the rebuild (and before that, it probably won't do any more harm)

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: