Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Tip TCU Hack  (Read 51656 times)
Cloudforce

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 04:37:26 AM »

I'm sorry, I don't.

Do we have a possibility to get the datasheet of the processor or even know what to choose in IDA?
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 05:10:43 AM »

It's a motorola freescale 683xx

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Cloudforce

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 08:39:51 AM »

So i´ll choose Motorola CPU32 (68330) ?
Cloudforce

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 06:00:41 AM »

Is this whats used in the Audi/VW TCU´s?

ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »

Looks like it yes.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Cloudforce

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »

Do you know how to disassemble it? It looks so much different to Siemens ecu
vtraudt

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 05:52:21 AM »

This has totally transformed shift behavior, more firm but not jarring by any means.  If you can solder even somewhat, this is any easy and quick project.

Where do you solder the resistors to/from?

2002 Allroad 2.7T 6spd stage 2
1998 A4 1.8T 5spd stage 3
1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
AARDQ

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »

Under the tape marked P1 etc.  Measure across those and you'll see that they are 1.0 ohms.
Jerry Tunin

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »

Under the tape marked P1 etc.  Measure across those and you'll see that they are 1.0 ohms.

Do you happen to have the part numbers for the resistors that your used in your case?

AARDQ

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »

No part numbers, just picked from a stash of 1/2-W resistors I had on hand.

Used to be no trouble just to pop over to Radio Shack for that type of thing, but those days are over sadly.
Jerry Tunin

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 02:42:24 PM »

No part numbers, just picked from a stash of 1/2-W resistors I had on hand.

Used to be no trouble just to pop over to Radio Shack for that type of thing, but those days are over sadly.

Yes, exactly.  I will check out Digikey.

ve7khz

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »

Hi gang,

Finally got registered and am able to participate in this discussion.

So I have a 2000 B5 S4, with the slip-tronic trans, and want to try this mod as well, and also work on perhaps modifying the TCU software. I have nefmoto up and running and have read the ECU but haven't tried reading the TCU yet. I will have to reread all posts on the tranny and TCU reading.

But back to this resistor mod...  AARDQ, are you shunting the original R's? I imagine the original R's are in series with the coils, and to raise line pressure, we would want to reduce the current going thru EDS1, thus either increasing the series resistance or shunting the coil with suitable R to fool the TCU to make it think it is supplying the correct current. Has it been determined that we need to fool the TCU so it stays happy?

I had an idea to have a rotary switch probably stacked 2 wafers, on the console, to say have 3 or 4 positions for various "tunings", one wafer would reduce the current going thru EDS1 in various stages, and the other would increase the current going thru EDS4, TC lockup, although we can't go higher than the .75A max, but could perhaps get it to lockup sooner with applying .75A sooner. (I think you did this by changing the 1R to .8R?) Would be nice to get into the TCU to stop the "regulating" mode and just have the damn thing engage the TC or not engage the TC.

Anyway, looking forward to helping get the slip-tronic blues fixed. Mine shifts perfectly other than the P0741 your crappy TC clutch is slipping error. Have changed the fluid/filter and it works 100% when cold, when the fluid warms up, it begins to act up, so I believe that I don't have a torn seal, just perhaps a bit hard.

Cheers
AARDQ

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »

AARDQ, are you shunting the original R's? I imagine the original R's are in series with the coils, and to raise line pressure, we would want to reduce the current going thru EDS1, thus either increasing the series resistance or shunting the coil with suitable R to fool the TCU to make it think it is supplying the correct current. Has it been determined that we need to fool the TCU so it stays happy?

Yes, reverse acting, so reduced current = higher pressure (except for EDS4).  Shunting the Rs reduces resistance, not what we want (except for EDS4).  So, as you say, increase resistance by adding in series or replacing outright, or shunt the coil (can't add any guidance since that's not what I did).    No other tcu fooling required.
Kilohertz

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 10:06:50 PM »

Cool okay thanks for the reply. Blasted cold here right now so when it warms up I will dig up the carpet, dig out the TCU and have a go at it. As electronics has been my life for most of it, I have all the R's needed to play with. I will post my results and hopefully will resolve the P0741 ( my crappy TC clutch has slipped again) error. Do you have VAG-COM? Did you log failure mode? I see the failure occur when at highway speed, slight throttle pressure with no increase in road speed, causes the TC clutch to slip, about 64 to 128 RPM slip speed, then the TCU gives up and craps out and opens the TC clutch. Seems solid when cold, hot, not.

Cheers
Kilohertz

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »

Forgot to mention...due to email and nefmoto screwups, I now have 2 ID's, so the previous post is still me.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: