Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SKC Help  (Read 24282 times)
imnuts

« on: February 12, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »

I've been trying to get my SKC for my car for some time (03 A4 3.0) and every attempt has been unsuccessful. I want the SKC so I can attempt to add new keys to my car without needing the dealer to do it, but it's pretty hard to do when you can't get a working SKC. Here is a screenshot from VAG K+CAN after reading the ECU EEPROM data. Based on the info I've found, the SKC should be 01C0 converted to decimal, which would be 00448. However, when I attempt to log in to the ECU with VCDS and the SKC 00448, it does not accept it. I've tried moving the 0's around, but don't remember every combination that I've tried. If anyone could help me in finding the SKC, it would be greatly appreciated. I have also tried VAG-Tacho to get the SKC and ArgDub's tool via OBDII, but neither of those have worked for me either.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:05:45 PM by nyet » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »

Odd. Can you try retrieving the SKC from the cluster instead of the ecu? What's the cmd you used with argdub's tool, and what error did you get?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
elewsader

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:08 AM »

I've had the same issue; I pulled my eeprom dump using Vag Commander 2.5, and it returned 03016. so then I pulled my cluster dump, but couldn't find any pattern of the same value. I suspect that when I go to test VCDS it wont accept the key.

2003 Audi A4 1.8MTQ
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »

Pull the bin using argdub's tool.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
imnuts

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »

It has been a little bit since I last used ArgDub's tool, but it would never properly connect via OBD2 for me. I posted in the thread for the tool here and here, but never found a way for it to properly connect.

As for reading the SKC from the cluster, do you have a reliable method to do that? I've read horror stories of people bricking their cluster when trying to read from it. I'd rather not have that happen as I can't really afford having my car down for days getting it fixed if something would happen.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »

What year is your car?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
imnuts

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »

2003 A4
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »

Yeah, no way I'd attempt anything on a b6 cluster (or ecu) with a clone tool. Too much to risk. Have you successfully entered bootmode with your ecu yet? me7.5's are tricky (compared to 7.1 and 7.1.1.). I'd like to see your CMD string, and the error that resulted while trying to read the ecu with me7_95040.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
imnuts

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »

Yeah, no way I'd attempt anything on a b6 cluster (or ecu) with a clone tool. Too much to risk. Have you successfully entered bootmode with your ecu yet? me7.5's are tricky (compared to 7.1 and 7.1.1.). I'd like to see your CMD string, and the error that resulted while trying to read the ecu with me7_95040.

No, I haven't tried anything outside of OBDII access as I don't have any other way to read the ECU. From what I've read about me7_95040, you need a benchtop setup to use bootmode.
userpike

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »

It is my understanding that when pulling the SKC from the cluster you can only get the 4 digit one.( I have done this personally on my '02 GTI) The 7 digit one when using VCDS requires the workshop code and the date the SKC was retrieved from the GEKO system. Nowadays the dealer has to dial up GEKO while the car is connected to the diag machine and everything is automated. The tech doesn't see the SKC anymore and has no way to find out what it is.

In order to know the date and workshop code, I guess you'll have to locate the info in the .bin file like you did the 7 digit SKC. I have no idea where they would be in the .bin. If someone figures it out please post the locations.
imnuts

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »

VCDS still allows you to use a 5 digit pin, although you also have the ability to use a 7 digit pin, it isn't the default
userpike

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »

VCDS still allows you to use a 5 digit pin, although you also have the ability to use a 7 digit pin, it isn't the default

Yes, afterI pulled the 4 digit code from my cluster using vag-tacho I had to add a zero to the front of the 4 digits and it worked in VCDS.
userpike

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »

Yes, afterI pulled the 4 digit code from my cluster using vag-tacho I had to add a zero to the front of the 4 digits and it worked in VCDS.

..and I had to flip the last 2 numbers around, if I recall correctly.
keithwbloom

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »

On all ECUs or just IMMO-2 boxes?

If a 5 digit pin will work on my ECU, I'll be thrilled.

ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »

Just download an older version of vcds that uses the 5 digit pins.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: