Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: SKC Help  (Read 24283 times)
userpike

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »

Just download an older version of vcds that uses the 5 digit pins.

you don't have to do that. The 5 digit pin works with the newest version of VCDS.
imnuts

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »

Yeah, no way I'd attempt anything on a b6 cluster (or ecu) with a clone tool. Too much to risk. Have you successfully entered bootmode with your ecu yet? me7.5's are tricky (compared to 7.1 and 7.1.1.). I'd like to see your CMD string, and the error that resulted while trying to read the ecu with me7_95040.

Sorry it took a few days to get this, but here is the output from me7_95040. I tried it in a regular CMD window and also an administrator prompt, same results.
Code:
C:\Users\Mark\Downloads>me7_95040_1.30.exe --OBD -p 4 -r 95040.bin
Ver: 1.30
Com Port: 4
Baud Rate: 10400
Opening COM4 ... OK
Initiating communication ... FAIL. (error=0x01)
Closing COM4

C:\Users\Mark\Downloads>me7_95040_1.31.exe --OBD -p 4 -r 95040.bin
Ver: 1.31
Com Port: 4
Baud Rate: 10400
Opening COM4 ... OK
Initiating communication ... FAIL. (error=0x01)
Closing COM4

C:\Users\Mark\Downloads>ME7EEPROM.exe --OBD -p 4 -r 95040.bin
ME7_EEPROM v1.40
COM: 4, Baud Rate: 10400
Opening COM4 ... OK
Initiating communication ... FAIL. (error=0x50101)
Closing COM4

C:\Users\Mark\Downloads>

I also tried to use the two bits decoded to decimal without flipping them (C001 -> 49153) as the pin, and that didn't work.
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »

Bootmode?

BTW-I changed the name of the exe to immo, and put it in my user folder. My command looks like this:

immo --OBD -r -p1 95040.bin

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
imnuts

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »

Bootmode?

Is there a way to put it into bootmode without removing it from the car and having a bench top setup?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »

You can add a momentary switch and mount it to the ecu case.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
elewsader

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »

I just tested my harvested pin today; my pin was accepted under the ECU login, but the SKC pin was not accepted in electronics->start/auth. I suspect it's because I just have an evaluation version of VCDS lite.

imnuts, are you using a registered version of VCDS?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:45:20 PM by elewsader » Logged

2003 Audi A4 1.8MTQ
imnuts

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »

I just tested my harvested pin today; my pin was accepted under the ECU login, but the SKC pin was not accepted in electronics->start/auth. I suspect it's because I just have an evaluation version of VCDS lite.

imnuts, are you using a registered version of VCDS?

Yes, I have the HEX->USB+CAN cable. As for putting a switch on the ECU, I was more wondering if there was a way to get into bootmode without having to take out the ECU and open it up. I want the SKC, but not that badly.
ddillenger

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »

VCDS cables aren't a sure thing. Get a cheap ebay cable, I bet it works.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
imnuts

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »

VCDS cables aren't a sure thing. Get a cheap ebay cable, I bet it works.

I've tried both an eBay cable I got from a knock-off VAG K+CAN Commander, a cable from a knockoff VAGTacho, and also my Ross-Tech cable. If it communicates properly with the cable I'm using, I get the same results. The VAGTacho cable only works with VAGTacho from what I've found, but the other two cables seem to work with the other things I've tried so far.
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 09:01:37 PM »

To be honest, I've run across a number of me7.5's I couldn't read with argdubs tool. They flash just fine though.....

(assuming you don't care about the contents of the eeprom, you can always flash a virgin or off'd file using argdubs tool in bootmode)

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
imnuts

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »

To be honest, I've run across a number of me7.5's I couldn't read with argdubs tool. They flash just fine though.....

At this point, I may just buy two plastic keys and get them cut then programmed and pull the IMMO chips out of them. I want/need the SKC so I can pair new keys to my car, but the dealer tried previously with the B7 keys I want to work with my B6 and they failed, so I figure if they have plastic B6 keys to work with, it'll be easier for them to do and they won't give me grief about "these keys don't work with your car".
userpike

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 12:08:37 AM »

At this point, I may just buy two plastic keys and get them cut then programmed and pull the IMMO chips out of them. I want/need the SKC so I can pair new keys to my car, but the dealer tried previously with the B7 keys I want to work with my B6 and they failed, so I figure if they have plastic B6 keys to work with, it'll be easier for them to do and they won't give me grief about "these keys don't work with your car".

Why don't you use the PIN from the cluster using vagtacho or whatever to get it? I have done this myself on my '02 Golf GTI 1.8t AWP with me7.5 HS box using VagTacho(knockoff). I dont remember which numbers you have to switch but you have to put a "0" in front also, to make it 5 digits. Then, you can use it to do your immo/keyfob stuff using any paid version of VCDS/VagCom or a genuine Ross-Tech cable, which unlocks any version of VCDS/VagCom to the full version..

However, I had to attempt connection to the cluster using vagtacho multiple times. About around the 10th time or so it will connect up, sometimes sooner like the 4th..I have no idea why it performs like this but whatever, it showed me the PIN. You can also change the mileage readout on the cluster using vagtacho.
ddillenger

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:50 AM »

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE MILEAGE ON B6'S AND NEWER WITH A CLONE TOOL!

They don't properly do the checksums and you'll end up with a DEF error!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
elewsader

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:54 PM »

imnuts; how's this coming along, have you tried anything else? It seems like you're so close. Which module are you trying to access, and have you tried any of the others?

2003 Audi A4 1.8MTQ
imnuts

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »

So, and update to this. I got my keys programmed via the dealership yesterday, finally have B7 keys on my B6 Grin However, I watched a bunch of YouTube videos from Ross-Tech and found something to try to test the SKC I pulled from the ECU. Apparently I was attempting to log in via the wrong location in VCDS. Just went out, opened up VCDS, went to the Instrument Controller (#17) and logged in without an error. Tried to log in to the ECU with the same pin, and it doesn't work. Not sure why it would work one place and not the other, but I plan on testing it out soon.

The dealer missed one of my keys yesterday as it fell out of the service order pouch. I gave them 4 keys, but only 3 were paired because of this (and a trip back to the dealer cause they didn't realize the key was missing). I didn't care because I had 3 keys that would start my car and only would really use the plastic key that isn't paired now for unlocking my car in case all other keys were locked inside (not sure how that'd happen). So, now that the SKC seems to be correct, I will test it out to see if I can match all of my keys. Hoping for the best as I'd love to get a color DIS cluster and replace my monochrome one that has the upper portion of the display dying.

EDIT: And after watching the ECM/Cluster matching video, it appears I am trying to log in to the ECU/ECM at the wrong spot in VCDS Cry Feel kind of dumb, but lesson learned and excited to be able to do pretty much anything to my car now Smiley
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:48:55 AM by imnuts » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: