Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nissan 350 Z project : really need your advices  (Read 5491 times)
FrenchVince62

« on: February 24, 2013, 09:09:48 AM »

Hi Everybody and above all, thanks to this forum.

Fully complete about OBDII, protocols,etc.... really good.

So, my big problem  Angry : I'm developping a C# Application in order to view values of all sensors on my car. I was unhappy when I saw that with my ELM327-USB Cable, and the PID's, only FEW values are returned...

I thought i'll have more values...

Then, my question :

Considering the Nissan software "Consult-II" is able to see the values of all sensors stored in the ECU.

Considering that the Consult-II is putting on the same port (ELM327).

I can probably additionnal to send PID, send too query commands to the ECU (reference : MEC35-321 A1) in order to have in my C# Application the value of the others sensors, no ?

So if it's possible, I know initialise my ELM327 port, and send PID's but I've no documentation that describes the initialisation between my application and the ECU, and how send query commands to the ECU, the list of ECU Values disposable, etc....

The only thing I know is that 'I guess' the iso9141-2 is using for standard OBDII PID, and if I need to communicate ith ECU, I must use the ISO14230-4 protocol, so few informations about this protocol and how communicate with the ECU by this protocol.

If you know read the French  Smiley, here is my post on the French Forum speaking about my application but not in technical approach :
http://www.notre350z.com/forum/viewtopic_21009.html

So, thanks to you in advance for your answer because I don't know which way I must taking for continuing my project.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:11:54 AM by FrenchVince62 » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »

Consult works completely differently...
No you can't use this approach to get meaningful data on VAG.
You will need to go over KWP2000 in case of Bosch ECU.

Nissan I don't know, but afaik they use some factory calibration protocol as well.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: