Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tuning tools  (Read 10136 times)
phila_dot

« on: January 10, 2011, 12:05:39 AM »

After much searching to no avail, I am looking for a full version WinOls and OLS232 checksum module.  While I am at it ECU-x. I have disassembled it and see the unlock function however I haven't gotten it working. If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Tony, I apologize if this isn't the place for this I am just getting frustrated. Feel free to delete.
fredrik_a

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:39:23 AM »

I guess it's a bit sensetive to ask for a full version including a checksum module as they cost muchos dineros. What you are asking publically is that someone would hand you a "pirate copy" for free?

If we skip the checksum module, there is seldom a real need for a full version of WinOLS as you can change what you want to change in your file in the "demo version" and then just "copy and paste" the changes (found in the "text window" of the WinOLS working space) into any freeware HEX-editor where you have the stock file (overwriting the stock values for any given area) and thereby acheive basically the "same thing" as working with a full version of WinOLS. It just takes an extra minute to copy the changes into the right positions in your file in the HEX-editor. No big deal.

The checksum part requires a bit more work but is also possible to solve through "work arounds".
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:59:58 AM by fredrik_a » Logged
dan

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »

It would be nice if WinOLS was available for a reasonable price for a single user license.  It really makes me wonder about these companies and what sort of market analysis they did.  If WinOLS sold for $50-99 with a single checksum plugin, I'd gladly buy it.  But instead I guess they'd rather have people steal it.  There are PLENTY of copies floating around the net, OP, if you can't find one, you haven't applied yourself.  That said, most of them are infested with some sort of trojan.
fredrik_a

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »

You guys do realize that this forum actually links to a checksum correction software that does work with ME7? I've tried it for both VAG ME7 and Volvo ME7 and it works properly. This in combination with the "demo version" of WinOLS and a free HEX-editor is all you need basically (as described above).

Keep the Hi/Low 16 bit switch in mind though when reading an ME7 file with a standard HEX-editor.
dan

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »

Which one, ultimo?  I know kwp2000 does some basic checks.
fredrik_a

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 03:34:42 AM »

Which one, ultimo?  I know kwp2000 does some basic checks.

Yes, Ultimo. Sad thing though is that it doesn't work with all VAG ECU revisions, only some of them. I primarily use it for Volvo ME7 and it works great. Is there an updated version of the Ultimo program available...?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: