Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please read before posting ME7.x csum requests  (Read 72716 times)
nyet
Administrator

« on: February 28, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »

If you have a ME7.1 or ME7.1.1 (and possibly ME7.5), please use me7sum instead of demanding someone else do it for you. That's plain rude.

Download:
http://nyetwurk.github.com/ME7Sum/

Always test me7sum on the original stock version of your file first, to make sure it is compatible.

Make sure to check all me7sum corrected files with me7check, as me7sum is still under development and has known bugs.

PS: If you are an experienced programmer, we could use your help finishing me7sum.

Discussion thread here:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3347

Source code:
http://github.com/nyetwurk/ME7Sum/

ME7.5 may also work but it is a work in progress.

ME7Sum v0.1.1 or newer will correct RSA signatures, but that feature is still in development.

A bin with an incorrect RSA signature may not work! Always check all bins with ME7Check!

In tunerpro's custom tools editor:

Tool path:  cmd
Cmd line params:  /k <path to me7sum> "$(CurBinPath)" "$(CurBinPath)" & pause & exit

If you are unfamiliar with the "DOS" prompt and command lines in general:
http://dosprompt.info/
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 01:15:36 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »

I just want to add to this. me7sum is a command line program. If you just double click the executable you'll get a quick flash, then it'll close. Some people aren't as adept with CMD as others, so I copied this from another post I had made.

Download the file (me7sum), put it in your user directory (C:\Documents and Settings\usernamehere) along with the bin (we're going to call it IN for this example).

Hit START, RUN, and type: CMD

Then, type:

me7sum IN.bin OUT.bin (keep the names short for simplicity's sake)

You'll see the program running in cmd, and will end up with a new file with the checksums corrected in the same directory you placed the previously mentioned files (C:\Documents and Settings\usernamehere). The corrected file will be named OUT.bin (or whatever you select when typing the command)

NOTE:

usernamehere is to be substituted with whatever your actual user name is. It may be administrator, it may be steve. For me, it's user1. You can run the file from wherever you place it, but having the program and bin in your user directory allows for a very simple cmd line.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:55:46 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »

One more thing:

These are not for general use guys. Just because someone posts a file here for a correction doesn't mean you should download it and use it in your car.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Murph

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »

Hey guys, so I'm brand new to this stuff. But I've been messing with some .bin files and changing some values in tables and then correcting the checksum with the utility you provided. Going great, but I decided to write an app to simplify the correction and checking process. It still uses the applications linked above, but adds a friendly GUI to it so no console commands are needed. All files needed are in my included .zip file.

Just thought it would be a good tool to share with others  Grin

If anyone has issues or finds bugs, please feel free to message me and I'll try to help you out!

// The update thread for this program can be found here.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8417.0title=

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:52:11 AM by Murph » Logged

Assoor

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 11:54:43 PM »

can this tool checksum ME7.9.10?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:59 AM »

No.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
armaan

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 01:12:16 PM »

Hi Nyet.

Can it do checksum for ME7.1.1 Mk4 R32?

It is indeed a difference of perception that brings about our and others reality.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 05:21:17 PM »

Hi Nyet.

Can it do checksum for ME7.1.1 Mk4 R32?

Not sure, depends if ST10 or not.

ECUx Plot

VJP150

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 01:47:42 PM »

Working on 2004 r32 that won't start after reading ECU file getting P0601 not getting checksum errors
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: