Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please I need some help Front diff Failure ?NEVER MIND broken right front spline  (Read 4664 times)
crash

Here is scenario , I shift the car into first gear let clutch out speed Odom reads 8mph car is sitting still
shift into 2nd mph rise to 18 and same thing car motionless.
Up on jack's and stands 2nd gear 18 mph driver side front and rear spin , I stopped the rear from spinning
passenger side starts spin. stopped the front and nothing on the passenger side.
Any body have a clue to what the ^$^%$ going on Huh

Oh and it shifts fine into all gears  I have checked diff oil its full and very clean all shifter linkage is working

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:44:07 PM by rizzo » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »

Torsen differential. All the power will go to the wheel with no resistance. You can't test the differential with the car in the air.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
crash

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »

I understand that. Thanks for the reply so I'm correct with the front diff being faulty ??
Here is the odd thing I let it cool down last night went out and put it in first gear and drove
home 1/16 mile. today nothing again ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: