Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tried a couple tunes and something I seriously wrong with my car....  (Read 3787 times)
shane0569

Okay, first I tried a tune with pretty high boost made by corrado and the power gain was pretty good, only problem was that if I didn't "meter" the throttle with my foot and just went for WOT no matter the engine speed...I got really bad back fires and engine kick down, almost acting like a really abrupt rev limiter. Then, I tried a less aggressive tune, with somewhat the same results.
It has to be something seriously not right though....either it's not getting enough fuel (fuel pump or filter), air (boost leak), or timing not being adjusted correctly/accurately. Now, I'm not very adept at reading my log information yet, so I was hoping someone may be able to take a look and give me some insight.

The file attached is a .csv with only the information from a third gear pull and as you will see from I believe around 3200 rpm - up, you will see a point where the rpms look erratic...like jumping down then back up then down...

THANKS!
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 06:50:33 PM »

annnndddd you have what kind of car? maybe your csv shows the ecu # but cant view it on my mobile.
shane0569

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »

Sorry...2000 A6 2.7t
shane0569

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:47:54 AM »

Okay, I just replaced the plugs and it has drastically improved performance...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: