Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Boot mode  (Read 26499 times)
itemonsale

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »

I haven't open it up ( my car ) to compare them( on my test bench).  I read it from this member http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1586.0title=   According to what he said it is different.

I am so lost, I thought Siemens and Infineon are join company.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:53:33 PM by itemonsale » Logged
jiggle

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 06:15:50 AM »

Ive had to bootmode my ecu in the last couple days, I also picked up a spare. My original ecu Im pretty sure has an infineon chip in it, its an me7.5 from an a6 1.8t.

I got it into boot mode by grounding a pad under the boot pin, you can see its connected via a track on the board. My original ecu worked first time, but the spare I bought is more fiddly. It seems to work if you power off, wait 5 seconds or so, ground the pin and power on, wait about 1 second and release it. My spare ecu has been going into bootmode nearly every time with this timing. Ive also found after Ive done anything with it, eg me7_9050 read, i need to power it down and bootmode it again, or it wont comunicate.

I use this pin
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »

They all have infineon chips AFAIK. I thought itemsonsale had a siemens ecu, that's where my confusion came in. You can also use the ram chip underneath for bootmode, but pin24 is the way to go. If you can't get it into bootmode, you're doing something wrong.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
itemonsale

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 09:02:58 AM »

Thank you for the information. I tried it again with my ECU out of the car still not work. I . I bought a power supply set at 13.8V 2amp I will try it again later on .

Thank you
itemonsale

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 02:30:04 PM »

you are right ddillenger , both of my ECU chip are same. I will reformat my computer to Window XP and try it again. THANK YOU EVERYONE
k0mpresd

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »

They all have infineon chips AFAIK. I thought itemsonsale had a siemens ecu, that's where my confusion came in. You can also use the ram chip underneath for bootmode, but pin24 is the way to go. If you can't get it into bootmode, you're doing something wrong.

ram pin is much more convenient.  Tongue especially for mk4 style ecus that are glued all the way around. just have to pull the back off.
itemonsale

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »

IS that what you refer to? the NEC chip?
k0mpresd

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 04:16:57 PM »

yes, thats ram.
cyril279

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 06:11:53 PM »

ram pin is much more convenient.  Tongue especially for mk4 style ecus that are glued all the way around. just have to pull the back off.
^wow, thank you for this.
-mk4 glued ecu owner
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »

BUT!!

What if the ecu is physically chipped? You won't know without pulling the top off!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
terok

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 06:55:48 AM »

Doesn't matter, difference between removing top or bottom or both, is like 3sec in labour Smiley
krazydbiker

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 10:40:51 AM »

hey guys just a question since this is the same subject i have been confused on, but here is a picture of my ecu, this is later VOLVO, im assuming me 7.5 by design, earlier me7 i can achieve bootmode by just grounding out the proper pin, but this particular ECU with infineon chip and updated design i had some trouble with at first

i tested with two junkyard spares to be sure, they are cheapo for these.. upon grounding out the boot pin, the ECU partially fried
....it will start the vehicle, but will never go into bootmode. ever again, so i switched to a 2k ohm resistor, and have never had the issue with bootmode.

has this happened with anyone with audi/VW?
ThunderFox

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 01:02:22 PM »

Hello!

I've come across this forum (and NefMoto) when trying to fix a "bricked" ECU from a friend's car.
I've programmed a few ME7.2.1 (or 7.3H4) from Puntos before, and they all used a pin on the engine loom connector to go into boot mode.

However, this ECU was different. It is an EDC15 from a VW Polo 1.4 TDI.
There was an error while flashing a new ROM image to the ECU, and the car does not start up, nor does it connect to the Galletto interface that was used to dump and program the ROM image.

I've come across this forum hoping to find a way to reflash the ECU. I've read a few topics on how to jumper Pin 24 to Ground, to set it in boot mode, and so I've done. I've used a clip to jumper pin 24 to ground before the key was turned, then turn the key and wait for about four seconds before releasing the jumper.

However when I try to use NefMoto afterwards, to connect while in boot mode, I get this error:

I'm doing this with the ECU in the car, by the way. Maybe I've missed some step? What am I doing wrong?

I would really appreciate your help guys!

Cheers.
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »

Nefmoto doesn't flash in bootmode, for that you need galletto (I'm not well versed in edc15, but from what I've read the process is similar to me7). The software, and instructions for using it with your kkl cable are included in the flashing/chipping section, under "Galletto software edited with proper english".

Nefmoto is only useful for determining whether you are actually in bootmode, but I don't even use it for that.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ThunderFox

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 02:36:41 PM »

Thanks for the reply!

I've got the ECU on my desk right now. Can I connect the Galletto to it without the ECU in the car? (provided I supply +12V to the power and IGN, and also connect the K-Line for programming). Also, should I use the same setting as if I was writing it without Boot Mode, in the galletto software?

Sorry for bothering you so much, I really needed this ECU saved. Meanwhile, i'll read some more and try to figure a way to sort this out!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: