Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 173
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 934175 times)
prj

« Reply #2520 on: March 07, 2024, 09:23:36 AM »

Thank you for the replies and information! The car was tested for air leaks.
My tvub is 1.15 at 14v, so I will try to set it to 1.

TEMIN is @ 0x16558. Stock value 0.7008
TEMINVA is @ 0x1655A. Stock value 0.4

I usually set both to 0.3 with these injectors...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
keichi

« Reply #2521 on: March 07, 2024, 09:44:42 AM »

No, you clearly assumed that TEMIN is a limit for TI, because you gave TI as example, when in reality it limits TE.
Then you edited post afterwards.

If he says it's too rich, then clearly it is not an air leak on idle, that would make it lean if anything.
If his TEMIN is 0.68ms then it's simply too high for these injectors.

Also, raising idle decreases TE and TI even further!

So your "bla bla" about never needing to touch it is simply incorrect.
It should be reduced to 0.5 or 0.4 for these injectors.

I just said what works for me.

Don't want to argue but you said previously that at 0,65ms TE those injectors are already below their healthy limit.
Now you suggest to lower it even more Wink but maybe i just didn't understand something Smiley

And on idle airleak of course would cause leaning (fuel trims would go up) - my mistake Wink

« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:49:15 AM by keichi » Logged
prj

« Reply #2522 on: March 07, 2024, 09:45:54 AM »

I just said what works for me.

Don't want to argue but you said previously that at 0,65ms TE those injectors are already below their healthy limit.
Now you suggest to lower it even more Wink but maybe i just didn't understand something Smiley

No, I never said that.
Also there is no "healthy limit" for the injectors. The TEMIN that manufacturer gives is the value below which they can be a little unpredictable.
I never had any problems with these injectors with 0.3 TEMIN value though.

Also, maybe there are different TEMIN values on different rom's but if your idle TI is at 1.7 and TEMIN is at 0.7 then at fast idle it will always be too rich (e.g. 3000 rpm).
Over here where they test sniffer emissions that is an instant emissions fail. The car is not road legal anymore.

Anyway I gave the OP the cal label locations, so problem solved.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:47:51 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
rossoner

« Reply #2523 on: March 07, 2024, 09:49:47 AM »

No, I never said that.
Also there is no "healthy limit" for the injectors. The TEMIN that manufacturer gives is the value below which they can be a little unpredictable.
I never had any problems with these injectors with 0.3 TEMIN value though.

Also, maybe there are different TEMIN values on different rom's but if your idle TI is at 1.7 and TEMIN is at 0.7 then at fast idle it will always be too rich (e.g. 3000 rpm).
Over here where they test sniffer emissions that is an instant emissions fail. The car is not road legal anymore.

Anyway I gave the OP the cal label locations, so problem solved.

Thanks a lot!
s60rawr

« Reply #2524 on: March 08, 2024, 02:36:54 PM »

My volvo is running rich on idle with bosch 980cc. Ecu cannot go lower than 0.68ms and I want to try to change temin/va. I know that they are single values, but cannot find them :/

Double check your KRKTE conversion and also you'll need to do fkkvs corrections
Especially on idle

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
rossoner

« Reply #2525 on: March 08, 2024, 03:27:28 PM »

Especially on idle

Yeah, I set fkkvs to 1 at the beginning to see how it will handle.. but I'll definitely need to do some corrections with fkkvs. Its my first time changing injectors, so I am playing a little with the different maps to see how they will affect the afr on idle, cruising, WOT... Thanks!
s60rawr

« Reply #2526 on: March 09, 2024, 08:18:07 AM »

Yeah, I set fkkvs to 1 at the beginning to see how it will handle.. but I'll definitely need to do some corrections with fkkvs. Its my first time changing injectors, so I am playing a little with the different maps to see how they will affect the afr on idle, cruising, WOT... Thanks!

fkkvs tool work great takes  a few runs. be sure to start with idle and slowly work your way up

OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
prj

« Reply #2527 on: March 09, 2024, 09:23:27 AM »

Especially on idle

KRKTE and FKKVS is not going to do jack shit for him when he is hitting TEMIN dude.
He correctly diagnosed and identified the problem, he got the solution as well.

Log your car properly.
rossoner

« Reply #2528 on: March 09, 2024, 09:38:52 AM »

KRKTE and FKKVS is not going to do jack shit for him when he is hitting TEMIN dude.

Yep, rich idle gone with lowering temin
s60rawr

« Reply #2529 on: March 09, 2024, 02:50:04 PM »

Well .. ya
That's how that works
I was just being general, hard to gauge how along someone is and isn't from a few posts.

Chill DUDE

prj

« Reply #2530 on: March 10, 2024, 03:34:33 AM »

Well .. ya
That's how that works
I was just being general, hard to gauge how along someone is and isn't from a few posts.

Chill DUDE

All the info was in the first post, you not only did not understand anything, you also didn't read the followups, which solved everything.
I'm gonna call your ass out every time on your shit, if anyone deserves that on here it's you.

There was also nothing hard to gauge. He correctly identified the issue and was directly asking for the correct maps. This implies strong knowledge of how the ECU calculates injection AND ability to log and diagnose.
He's probably better at mapping the ECU than you are.

Instead he got a runaround of by one guy "oh, you don't need to change that" and then the straight up bad info by the other guy "oh, your krkte is probably wrong".
Wrong advice is worse than none. All he needed were the map addresses, he got everything else sorted.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 03:40:18 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
keichi

« Reply #2531 on: March 10, 2024, 05:56:30 AM »

Instead he got a runaround of by one guy "oh, you don't need to change that" and then the straight up bad info by the other guy "oh, your krkte is probably wrong".
Wrong advice is worse than none. All he needed were the map addresses, he got everything else sorted.

It was me who told him not to touch TEMIN. I said this based on my experience with 980cc injectors.
Every single car i tuned with 980cc injectors kept perfect AFR at idle without touching stock TEMIN at all Smiley
Well looks like all those cars had broken O2 sensor Wink

EDIT: I checked few files. In one case i lowered TEMIN from 0.7 stock to 0.6 - perfect AFR with this.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 06:13:04 AM by keichi » Logged
arti0308

« Reply #2532 on: March 11, 2024, 11:35:33 AM »

Hi! I was trying to do stage 1 to my S60 2.0t 2002 20KSPC probably.
I used MPPS V18 (via generic>me7 1024kb) to read the file from the ECU (done on bootmode). Then I found some Damos to the 20KSPC files and with the help of the .a2l file and some searching I done "my stage 1". I edited only KFMDBGRG, LAMFA and LDRXN to increase boost. Then I checksumed the file via Winols (I always do it like this in EDC16) and write it by the same protocol via MPPS v18. When i plugged the ECU to the car, car is cranking but not running. Later the ECU was working corectly with the car. Could someone check the files if I made some mistakes in editing the file, the checksum is broken or the file is corrupted?
I attached ori file and the stage 1 file.
arti0308

« Reply #2533 on: March 11, 2024, 02:06:50 PM »

Okey, the car started to work, I just rewrite the same file. But I know i saw a issue, the car is running better, I can feel this - but it's only making about 0,6bar of the boost. I want to go for about 0,8bar from stock 12 turbo, added more LDRXN but boost is the same. Is there something what is still limiting the boost in the map or something with my hardware is wrong?
prj

« Reply #2534 on: March 11, 2024, 04:14:03 PM »

Use logger and look instead of "I can feel it".

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 173
  Print  

Jump to: