Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 934165 times)
prometey1982

« Reply #2550 on: April 07, 2024, 10:12:03 PM »

It's funny to hear these all from prj. Practically nobody can tune Aisin TCUs. And this man has their clients. Not only from Volvo because these transmissions were installed on many different cars. Alpha, French, Japanesse and etc.

About Volvo engines. Many 30+ mans like Volvo and don't like Audi. Prj suggests to changes their cars from Volvo to Audi 3.0TDI to go faster? Are you seriously? In such case you can just buy Tesla Plaid and forget about everything. I really regret that I bought my first Volvo 12 years ago. Was better stay on Russian cars. But what was done was done.

Россия - Великая страна!
https://youtu.be/fup5GzIFdXk
fastboatster

« Reply #2551 on: April 07, 2024, 10:50:26 PM »

I was going to say I was able to glean some useful ME7 (and general Bosch) things in this thread, at least because they're concentrated in one thread. Whether Me7/Aisin Volvo tuning is market-relevant or not depends on the market. I don't see C7 tdis this cheap here in NA, I almost don't see them at all. I don't see why somebody wouldn't want to get more oomph out of, say, v70/v70r wagon. doesn't have to be a 10 second car, but more power and better shifting is always nice.
s60rawr

« Reply #2552 on: April 08, 2024, 01:04:41 AM »

I think this is hilarious. 20+ year old stuff, car worth like 3000 euro at most.
But OH THE SECRETS Cheesy

bro, did someone hack your account?
speaking of secrets
could you write me some asm for a flex fuel sensor? Smiley)))

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
prj

« Reply #2553 on: April 08, 2024, 01:37:27 AM »

It's funny to hear these all from prj. Practically nobody can tune Aisin TCUs.
There is no problem with Aisin, at least on VAG.

About Volvo engines. Many 30+ mans like Volvo and don't like Audi. Prj suggests to changes their cars from Volvo to Audi 3.0TDI to go faster? Are you seriously? In such case you can just buy Tesla Plaid and forget about everything. I really regret that I bought my first Volvo 12 years ago. Was better stay on Russian cars. But what was done was done.
You completely missed the point.
It's not about VAG or Audi - any 3.0 diesel is faster. BMW, Mercedes or FAL group.

And in EU they are absolutely everywhere. So "secrets" are funny - tuning something that is slower than half the family cars on the road.
Does not matter if it's old 2.5 Volvo or old 1.8T VAG or something else.

If what you're building is slower than 4s 0-100, then IMO no point to build it at all the way things are here.
Might as well leave it on stock power or a light Stage 1.

Btw, if you could afford Tesla Plaid you would not be digging in this old shit. Though for the money I would buy a used 991 Turbo instead.
The Tesla feels like a cheap plastic box inside, at least to me.

I was going to say I was able to glean some useful ME7 (and general Bosch) things in this thread, at least because they're concentrated in one thread.
You're kidding right? One useless megathread where it is impossible to find or follow anything.
Instead of having proper topics for specific things.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
WhizzMan

« Reply #2554 on: April 08, 2024, 02:42:05 AM »

There is no problem with Aisin, at least on VAG.

I would love to find pointers on how to read and tune the Aisin in one of my Volvos. Is the VAG stuff related at all and can I find something there that I can use on my Volvo?

Let's all be nice to each other (or at the very least not hostile) and leave the whole value and secret stuff discussion off this topic. The whole market in aftermarket tuning is filled with people wanting to make money, some actually do. Very few of the ones making money respond here, most read and learn and keep their mouth shut. None of them here will tell here how much time and money they invested and how much money they made eventually, so the discussion in my opinion is pointless and takes away from the good stuff happening here.
prj

« Reply #2555 on: April 08, 2024, 03:28:29 AM »

Never touched an AISIN box in Volvo, so can't tell you.

There's always a few parts to it.
1. Reading and writing the flash
2. Being able to log your changes
3. Having a definition/knowing what to change in the file.

In my experience 3. is the most complex for stuff where there is little data.
I am not sure how similar the VAG structure is to Volvo.

Log your car properly.
keichi

« Reply #2556 on: April 08, 2024, 04:05:31 AM »

If what you're building is slower than 4s 0-100, then IMO no point to build it at all the way things are here.

Have you ever drive any modern car that does 4s 0-100stock?
If you did you probably noticed that it reach this "magic" 100 so quick that it starts to become irrelevant to performance.
You just "jump" into 100 and THEN actual performance starts to matter.
And this is what old Volvos or any aold tuned car can also do very well and compete with the fastest and most modern cars!
Because what metters up to around 100 (or even less, like 60) is mostly drivetrain, not engine.
I was driving 300HP BMW M135ix and 420HP A45S AMG (2022+ production) and on paper one is doing around 4s other around 4,8s (or whatever) but in reality they reach this 100 practically the same. They both do this so well that 120HP gap just doesnt matter at so low speeds. All that matters is drive train. BUT after 100km/h real performance starts to bee visible. And 135i is just slow AF compared to A45S.

My point is that all those 0-100 wars had any meaning many years ago when 7s or 8s was considered fast and when you cut 1s it was really impressive.

Modern "races" are from 100 up-wards. 0-100 are more or less the same in modern faster cars from practical point of view.
Car technology reached grip limit already at lower speeds. There is nothing more to improve. But at higher speeds, engine power is as always most important factor.

So tuning older cars with "classic", not efficient drivetrain have still a lot of sense this day, you can "destroy" modern cars above 100 when what matters is pure engine power.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 04:57:20 AM by keichi » Logged
unodosi

« Reply #2557 on: April 08, 2024, 06:30:18 AM »

I would dearly love if someone has info on tuning/working with the Aisen TCU, particularly the aw55-50sn from some of the P1 years.
prj

« Reply #2558 on: April 08, 2024, 06:50:27 AM »

Have you ever drive any modern car that does 4s 0-100stock?
My daily driver for the past 7 years has been a car that does 3.3s 0-100 with stock hardware and just a remap. I don't know how "modern" it is, it's now 12 years old.
You just "jump" into 100 and THEN actual performance starts to matter.
Not in most civilized countries. Do some 0-100 in the city and most likely you end up without a license.

My point is that all those 0-100 wars had any meaning many years ago when 7s or 8s was considered fast and when you cut 1s it was really impressive.
Let me put it this way, my stock car does around the same 100-200 that some of the 0-100 posted here, but does not matter.

Modern "races" are from 100 up-wards. 0-100 are more or less the same in modern faster cars from practical point of view.
Really now? I don't know where you're doing that shit.
Drag race starts at 0. Lights start at 0. It's like creating a new special (retarded) discipline to show off the one tiny thing you can do decently. "Fastest FWD car with stock turbo, stock intercooler and modified exhaust in the world" or some other stupid highly specific stuff like that.

Car technology reached grip limit already at lower speeds.
Grip limit on decent powertrain 0-100 is over 1000hp, not the things you say here. I don't have any issues with grip after 20-30km/h and I have just 650hp.
Maybe if you run dogshit tyres on tiny pizza cutter wheels it's a problem...

Anyway, does not matter.
As BaxtR said very well:
People think they have something special when at the end of the day we all have the same old slow cars that dont impress anyone other than ourselves.

Having "secrets" on 20 year old shit is completely retarded. It's like being proud of wagging your dick around at a micropenis competition.
Cooperation is much more important, because in the end it's a tiny enthusiast community with these old cars - there is no significant money to be made here.
Already 10 years ago when I was tuning these cars there was super low demand for it, because usually the people who buy a Volvo are those that don't care about any tuning. And here are a lot of Volvos on the streets.

I think P3 and some late P1 there is probably some money to be made, but P2 is completely dead from that standpoint.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 11:16:44 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
unodosi

« Reply #2559 on: April 08, 2024, 11:05:10 AM »

Anyway, does not matter.
As BaxtR said very well:
Having "secrets" on 20 year old shit is completely retarded. It's like being proud of wagging your dick around at a micropenis competition.
Cooperation is much more important, because in the end it's a tiny enthusiast community with these old cars - there is no significant money to be made here.
Already 10 years ago when I was tuning these cars there was super low demand for it, because usually the people who buy a Volvo are those that don't care about any tuning. And here are a lot of Volvos on the streets.

I think P3 and some late P2 there is probably some money to be made, but P1 is completely dead from that standpoint.

This is the reason I stumbled into here. I wanted to understand my p1 2008 c30 and eventually b̶l̶o̶w̶ t̶h̶e̶ e̶n̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ o̶r̶ f̶r̶y̶ t̶h̶e̶ e̶c̶u̶ tune it myself but I rapidly found that it is very very very difficult for a DIY'er. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for some products, people can't survive on "likes", but the price of many volvo related software or plain information is insane.  Soapbox introduction over, hello everyone, here to learn.
prj

« Reply #2560 on: April 08, 2024, 11:35:16 AM »

This is the reason I stumbled into here. I wanted to understand my p1 2008 c30 and eventually b̶l̶o̶w̶ t̶h̶e̶ e̶n̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ o̶r̶ f̶r̶y̶ t̶h̶e̶ e̶c̶u̶ tune it myself but I rapidly found that it is very very very difficult for a DIY'er. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for some products, people can't survive on "likes", but the price of many volvo related software or plain information is insane.  Soapbox introduction over, hello everyone, here to learn.

Your P1 C30 is probably ME9?
In that case my logger supports it and there's a Ford ME9 damos floating around that you can use as a base for locating the maps, it's extremely similar.
The control logic does not differ much from ME7.

Log your car properly.
prometey1982

« Reply #2561 on: April 09, 2024, 12:35:41 AM »

Your P1 C30 is probably ME9?
In that case my logger supports it and there's a Ford ME9 damos floating around that you can use as a base for locating the maps, it's extremely similar.
The control logic does not differ much from ME7.
P1 is ME9 but has old Volvo logging protocol. It's not UDS.

Россия - Великая страна!
https://youtu.be/fup5GzIFdXk
prj

« Reply #2562 on: April 09, 2024, 01:18:07 AM »

P1 is ME9 but has old Volvo logging protocol. It's not UDS.

I know that very well. My logger supports both D2 and UDS.
I bought both types of ECU Smiley

The protocol detects this automatically.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 01:20:39 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Dannyhaddon

« Reply #2563 on: April 09, 2024, 10:53:09 AM »

I think this is hilarious. 20+ year old stuff, car worth like 3000 euro at most.
But OH THE SECRETS Cheesy

Tuning these old engines - what is the point to spend money, and development when an Audi A6 3.0 TDI is faster?
5.9s 0-100 - you can take any old A6 C7 3.0 TDI with 180kW engine and with a remap they all go faster than that. They cost below 9000 EUR at this point, and there is absolutely 0 effort required.

The BTD with remap is around 4.5 seconds.

I don't really want to shit on your work or anything, but the ubiquity of the 3.0 TDI made tuning most smaller older engines pointless. I'd dare say it completely killed the point to build any 1.8T etc.
And if you build them far enough that they actually are faster than the TDI, then the turbo is so big that they are only useful on the autobahn...

People tune because they enjoy the car, some don't want dirty diesels and costly repairs associated with an Audi V6.
prj

« Reply #2564 on: April 09, 2024, 12:25:40 PM »

People tune because they enjoy the car, some don't want dirty diesels and costly repairs associated with an Audi V6.
For the money you spent tuning you can buy a new engine for the V6 if you wanted to, besides the camshaft tensioners on the Volvos aren't exactly cheap or maintenance free. Also, if you don't like the V6, BMW has an inline 6...
My point is simply - spending a long time and having some "secrets" on a platform that came out over 25 years ago today is a complete waste of time. Especially when half the family cars on the road are faster than your tuned car with your uber secrets.

Pretending that 25 year old platform is somehow worth keeping any secrets on is completely insane.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173
  Print  

Jump to: