Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 973817 times)
prj

« Reply #2625 on: May 21, 2024, 02:16:20 AM »

I guess what I'm saying is sometimes, people just show up  and want to tinker with their own shit. Not everyone is looking to infiltrate the illuminati and steal everyone's "IP" and market it as their own. These are 20+ year old cars.  If you think anyone is going to come on the scene and start marketing a "new" product, I think I have bridge to sell you Grin

The Volvo ME7 stuff was done because it took me an extra 10 minutes when I did ME9, for which there is still no solution out here. And the reason I did it was due to some large customers asking for it.
There's also no need for me to "market" anything as you say. I just provide the definite silver bullet logging solution for a wide range of ECU's, and if you think I am posting here because I am doing so badly, that I need to earn an extra 50$, then you're just retarded.
All my stuff is on my platform, and there aren't tools to convert it to whatever some logger expects it to be in and of course I'm not going to waste time writing that.
Btw all my logging is free for the VAG ME7 guys, but the Volvo community is so toxic that they don't deserve it, and I am reminded of that quite often Smiley

Your next post will probably be "how do I do X". The 5 years still stands - you've not done anything besides getting a handout, and won't be able to get anywhere the moment the handouts stop.
Same as the guy who handed it to you - he couldn't hack his way out of a wet paper bag if he tried. He just happened to have def, that someone (even for 51 variables) spent hours making at some point.
Which the question is then - why isn't it organized and posted in a repository. Maybe so he can feel self important.

Also if you cared to look through this thread or search, then you would have found your stock file, as it's been posted before, but I guess that is too difficult for you.
The next thing you're asking for is XDF - defining the parameters for the XDF is the same job as defining parameters for the XML, especially for single values (if you don't have a super close a2l file, then it's just copy paste).

For fun
There's a distinct difference between having accomplished anything and just posting someone elses shit, taking credit and then badmouthing the person who developed all of it.
Maybe that's fun for you. I am surprised all this wasn't DMCA'd at the start to be honest, but I guess nobody cares enough about 20 year old stuff.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 03:05:14 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
WhizzMan

« Reply #2626 on: May 22, 2024, 01:32:28 AM »

Recently installed greens I had laying around since I was replacing the intake manifold gasket anyway.

Getting a rich code now (obviously) as well as an intermittent rear O2 fault.  Which doesn't make sense since I bought the "tune" when I was already catless.  Figured that would have been completely coded out.

The rich code is obviously because your front O2 is still functioning (it shoud be!) and the greens put more fuel out per millisecond of activation. Coding out the rear O2 is much more work than disabling the setting of the DTC for a catalist efficiency, which in all likelyhood is what was done on your tune. This obviously requires the rear O2 to still be physically in the car and electricly connected up and functioning. The DTC you are getting is related to the rear O2 having intermittent connectivity problems or actually malfunctioning. I wouldn't bother myself to try and code it out and just replace the rear O2 sensor and check the connectivity.
prj

« Reply #2627 on: May 22, 2024, 02:25:50 AM »

S4wiki lists what needs to be done for rear o2 delete:
https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Cat_and_O2_complete_removal_and_DTCs

The CWKONLS and CWKONABG mods are not required, but in addition to that paragraph ESKONF also needs to be modified to remove the rear o2 heater dtc.

Log your car properly.
sevenstrails8

« Reply #2628 on: May 22, 2024, 11:09:25 AM »

Hi, I am in need to have a tune done to my 2005 xc70. Before anything, I realize that the "best" option here would be to put on the proper head, I get it. At this point its not an option currently and just seeing if anyone can do this for me. (paid of course, not asking for a handout)

I bought the xc70 at auction and turned out to have cracked block, my mechanic was able to find a B5234T3 from a 2001 s60 t5. We verified with a tuner if he would be able do a t5 tune and disable the intake solenoid, and he confirmed so we went with the swap. That tuner has now closed his books and I don't know when they will reopen. I have reached out to a couple other tuners but was told to just change the cylinder head or check with this forum.

as it stands the car has the B5234T3 along with the 16t turbo and do88 intercooler. I have green injectors on hand, but can get the blues if needed. I attached the bin file below. If anyone is able to help with this it would be much appreciated. TIA
prometey1982

« Reply #2629 on: May 22, 2024, 12:51:48 PM »

I have reached out to a couple other tuners but was told to just change the cylinder head or check with this forum.
You can just modify crankshaft cover plate and install your old crankshafts. From my point of view intake VVT adds torque in low RPM range.

Россия - Великая страна!
https://youtu.be/fup5GzIFdXk
s60rawr

« Reply #2630 on: May 23, 2024, 07:44:42 PM »

Hi, I am in need to have a tune done to my 2005 xc70. Before anything, I realize that the "best" option here would be to put on the proper head, I get it. At this point its not an option currently and just seeing if anyone can do this for me. (paid of course, not asking for a handout)

I bought the xc70 at auction and turned out to have cracked block, my mechanic was able to find a B5234T3 from a 2001 s60 t5. We verified with a tuner if he would be able do a t5 tune and disable the intake solenoid, and he confirmed so we went with the swap. That tuner has now closed his books and I don't know when they will reopen. I have reached out to a couple other tuners but was told to just change the cylinder head or check with this forum.

as it stands the car has the B5234T3 along with the 16t turbo and do88 intercooler. I have green injectors on hand, but can get the blues if needed. I attached the bin file below. If anyone is able to help with this it would be much appreciated. TIA

i recall asking you to throw a vvt head on it

There is a free flash suite in progres
s60rawr

« Reply #2631 on: May 23, 2024, 07:54:59 PM »

S4wiki lists what needs to be done for rear o2 delete:
https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Cat_and_O2_complete_removal_and_DTCs

The CWKONLS and CWKONABG mods are not required, but in addition to that paragraph ESKONF also needs to be modified to remove the rear o2 heater dtc.

https://the07k.wiki/index.php?title=Bosch_ME7.1.1#Disabling_DTC this is a cool write up too.
found that CLAAAA table and been poking around. when i get some time i'll dive

eskonf

0C C0 3C FC 00 FF 33

( that is eu bin with no LDP )

0C C0 3C F0 00 FF 00

( US bin )

then obviously cdkat 00 and shk 07
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 07:57:21 PM by s60rawr » Logged

s60rawr

« Reply #2632 on: May 23, 2024, 09:12:55 PM »

The Volvo ME7 stuff was done because it took me an extra 10 minutes when I did ME9, for which there is still no solution out here. And the reason I did it was due to some large customers asking for it.
There's also no need for me to "market" anything as you say. I just provide the definite silver bullet logging solution for a wide range of ECU's, and if you think I am posting here because I am doing so badly, that I need to earn an extra 50$, then you're just retarded.
All my stuff is on my platform, and there aren't tools to convert it to whatever some logger expects it to be in and of course I'm not going to waste time writing that.
Btw all my logging is free for the VAG ME7 guys, but the Volvo community is so toxic that they don't deserve it, and I am reminded of that quite often Smiley

Your next post will probably be "how do I do X". The 5 years still stands - you've not done anything besides getting a handout, and won't be able to get anywhere the moment the handouts stop.
Same as the guy who handed it to you - he couldn't hack his way out of a wet paper bag if he tried. He just happened to have def, that someone (even for 51 variables) spent hours making at some point.
Which the question is then - why isn't it organized and posted in a repository. Maybe so he can feel self important.

Also if you cared to look through this thread or search, then you would have found your stock file, as it's been posted before, but I guess that is too difficult for you.
The next thing you're asking for is XDF - defining the parameters for the XDF is the same job as defining parameters for the XML, especially for single values (if you don't have a super close a2l file, then it's just copy paste).
There's a distinct difference between having accomplished anything and just posting someone elses shit, taking credit and then badmouthing the person who developed all of it.
Maybe that's fun for you. I am surprised all this wasn't DMCA'd at the start to be honest, but I guess nobody cares enough about 20 year old stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svkgOsr7pUc

prj

« Reply #2633 on: May 24, 2024, 01:37:11 AM »

https://the07k.wiki/index.php?title=Bosch_ME7.1.1#Disabling_DTC this is a cool write up too.
found that CLAAAA table and been poking around. when i get some time i'll dive

It's been said many times on this forum - CLA stuff should not be touched in 99.9% cases.
It will only hide the fault from OBD. The ECU still detects the fault and performs the same way as it is there.
If you use CLA to hide an EVAP fault for example then there will be no codes, but the fuel trims won't work etc.

Log your car properly.
s60rawr

« Reply #2634 on: May 24, 2024, 03:02:04 PM »

It's been said many times on this forum - CLA stuff should not be touched in 99.9% cases.
It will only hide the fault from OBD. The ECU still detects the fault and performs the same way as it is there.
If you use CLA to hide an EVAP fault for example then there will be no codes, but the fuel trims won't work etc.

Noted.
I just wanted to dive in and see what else was in there.

V70user

« Reply #2635 on: June 01, 2024, 05:23:43 AM »

Hi! Im new here, read all thread, but Im not so much expirenced in using WinOLS and therefore Im asking for help or hint.
According to the Prometey's post #1439 about decreasing fan start temperature , is there anybody who can tell me what address is this sequence of bytes placed?

New result. Fan start temperature was lowered to 95 degrees.
There are two maps in Volvo BINs. They can be found by next bytes sequence
6   64   203   204   215   221   222   0   0   20   180   221   221
Axis values is motor temperature. Multipler is 0.75 offset is -48. By lowering these values start fan temperature can be lowered.

I have searched this sequence, but without any positive results.

And the second case: what address is ESCONF for 20FWHJ ? I cheched at 0x1260E but it seems not to be correct address

Disabling rear lambda with ESKONF for 50WRHJ software.
ESKONF is at 0x1260E. Default value is 0C 00 3C FC 00 FC 33 (7 bytes length) I may be wrong about lenght it can be 6 bytes.
To disable rear lambda and rear lambda heater diagnostics you need to change ESKONF to next: 0C C0 3C FC 00 FF 33

I checked pre facelift cars and non R software. It looks like the bitpair pattern is the same. Second byte must be changed to C0 (6 and 7 bits must be set). And six byte's low two bits must be set.

Thank You all for any kind of help

Original file from car attached:

prometey1982

« Reply #2636 on: June 01, 2024, 09:20:14 AM »

Hi! Im new here, read all thread, but Im not so much expirenced in using WinOLS and therefore Im asking for help or hint.
According to the Prometey's post #1439 about decreasing fan start temperature , is there anybody who can tell me what address is this sequence of bytes placed?

I have searched this sequence, but without any positive results.

And the second case: what address is ESCONF for 20FWHJ ? I cheched at 0x1260E but it seems not to be correct address

Thank You all for any kind of help

Original file from car attached:

20FWHJ is very old software. You shouldn't touch ESKONF to disabl rear lambda. You should disable CDHSH, CDLSH and CDLASH.
And this software hasn't 2d maps for fan mode. This software has some variables for different fan speeds. P80 A2L has these variables for fan. So you can find these variables by finding same maps in your software.

Россия - Великая страна!
https://youtu.be/fup5GzIFdXk
V70user

« Reply #2637 on: June 01, 2024, 10:13:40 AM »

20FWHJ is very old software. You shouldn't touch ESKONF to disabl rear lambda. You should disable CDHSH, CDLSH and CDLASH.
After Your answer I have a mess...
How can I found CDHSH, CDLSH and CDLASH? Any hint...? I got only WinOLS, do I need some other sotware to modify/view a bin file?

And this software hasn't 2d maps for fan mode. This software has some variables for different fan speeds. P80 A2L has these variables for fan. So you can find these variables by finding same maps in your software.
ok, but where to start? I have searched similar values You posted but no results. Maybe Im asking too much?

s60rawr

« Reply #2638 on: June 02, 2024, 01:07:22 AM »

After Your answer I have a mess...
How can I found CDHSH, CDLSH and CDLASH? Any hint...? I got only WinOLS, do I need some other sotware to modify/view a bin file?
ok, but where to start? I have searched similar values You posted but no results. Maybe Im asking too much?

its decent for simple stuff. it has cdhsv i think. try that?

finding cd / cw maps is a nightmare to find. i'll put some effort into it. i really need to lol
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 01:15:50 AM by s60rawr » Logged

V70user

« Reply #2639 on: June 02, 2024, 06:00:33 AM »

finding cd / cw maps is a nightmare to find. i'll put some effort into it. i really need to lol
Thank You and really appreciate Your effort in maps searching
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177
  Print  

Jump to: