Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: MAFless - convert maf to map sensor?  (Read 49341 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 06:48:52 PM »

'm sure there are others out there working on it in silence

yay! more proprietary, closed source, re-invent the wheel for the 50000000th time abandonware, like ECUFix, MTX, ME7Check, etc. etc. etc. !

Imagine my excitement.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Axis

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »

yay! more proprietary, closed source, re-invent the wheel for the 50000000th time abandonware, like ECUFix, MTX, ME7Check, etc. etc. etc. !

Imagine my excitement.
What I meant was working to find a solution for your open source.  Smiley
eg. searching for checksum code in IDApro.
ddillenger

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »

I knew what you meant. Kinda like not wanting to announce anything until the solution was in sight. Nyet's just passionate about open source software.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »

I knew what you meant. Kinda like not wanting to announce anything until the solution was in sight. Nyet's just passionate about open source software.

Passionate's an understatement  Grin

Can't argue with his reasoning though

If no one else gets the checks worked out, I'll get the rest of them once I get back up and running and maybe get some of the other things I'm working on finished.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »

LOL..

Thank you, in advance! Apologies that I misunderstood you.

Basically: what dd said ...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »

You can have 6 cyl wideband, but then you won't have boost control. Cheesy

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jibberjive

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2013, 01:18:02 AM »

Once you have a bone, you don't let go do you? LOL

I'm making the switch over to 7.1.1. The added resolution sold me.
What advantage does the ME7.1.1 allroad R-box have over the RS4 K-box? 

Also, with regards to potential wideband integration, does this post have any relevancy?
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1883.msg32973#msg32973

With the mentioned 2.8 24v AUE wideband ME7.1 ECU could one possibly disassemble that ECU, disassemble and RS4 K-box, and splice the fueling structure from the wideband ECU into the K-box, and re-compile?  It would obviously be a lot more complicated than simply 'splicing' in code, but is something like that even functionally feasible?
ddillenger

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2013, 05:39:54 AM »

What advantage does the ME7.1.1 allroad R-box have over the RS4 K-box? 

Also, with regards to potential wideband integration, does this post have any relevancy?
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1883.msg32973#msg32973

With the mentioned 2.8 24v AUE wideband ME7.1 ECU could one possibly disassemble that ECU, disassemble and RS4 K-box, and splice the fueling structure from the wideband ECU into the K-box, and re-compile?  It would obviously be a lot more complicated than simply 'splicing' in code, but is something like that even functionally feasible?

I'd think the loss of boost control would outweigh the potential benefits of wideband fueling. I'd love to get it done. As for the benefits of using 7.1.1 over the rs4 flash, Honestly I'm not sure. I think it all becomes personal preference. Take a look at the files. Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2013, 07:26:51 AM »

I'd think the loss of boost control would outweigh the potential benefits of wideband fueling. I'd love to get it done. As for the benefits of using 7.1.1 over the rs4 flash, Honestly I'm not sure. I think it all becomes personal preference. Take a look at the files. Smiley
Well, that's what I'm asking with regards to the AUE file, could one potentially splice in the wideband lambda control into a file that has boost control?

And regarding the  ME7.1.1, I haven't taken a look yet, and I'll check it out myself, but if better load resolution is the only reason, then it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort to go through and define all of the stuff for that file when the RS4 K0box likely has the same resolution, together with pretty well defined definition files and better starting values for stage 3 and up cars.  Just my thoughts anywho.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »

You can have 6 cyl wideband, but then you won't have boost control. Cheesy

This is due to hardware limitations like output/inputs, or other design elements between narrowband/wideband ECU's?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
phila_dot

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »

Well, that's what I'm asking with regards to the AUE file, could one potentially splice in the wideband lambda control into a file that has boost control?

The amount of code that you would have to copy over makes this unreasonable IMO.

Organizing it all so that it fits without disturbing everything else would be challenging.
catbed

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »

The amount of code that you would have to copy over makes this unreasonable IMO.

Organizing it all so that it fits without disturbing everything else would be challenging.

Also, aren't narrowband o2s 0-1v and widebands 0-5v? Wouldn't the ECU max out at 1v from any signal 1.1-5v?
Axis

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »

More than challenging Grin Grin Grin Fuel/lambda code is massive.

Besides, the people without programming knowledge could stop dreaming right now:
Most likely those narrowband ECUS lack the LSU4 CJ110 ic.
britishturbo

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:16 PM »

More than challenging Grin Grin Grin Fuel/lambda code is massive.

Besides, the people without programming knowledge could stop dreaming right now:
Most likely those narrowband ECUS lack the LSU4 CJ110 ic.

Yes but that part is easy... just use an external Wideband  and use the 0-5v out.
That's how other ecu's do it.
If a much cruder and older dsm ecu can be converted to wideband then I think it is doable withe the ME7 as well ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: