Pages: [1]
Author Topic: alientech ecm  (Read 8279 times)
Vdub-dub

« on: July 15, 2012, 05:50:19 AM »

just wondering on people thoughts on Alientech ECM Titanium 1.61 as i've just acquired a full copy say comparing to tunerpro or winols?
professor

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:24:40 AM »

i didnt like it, simple  Cheesy

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
augustinbz

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »

ECM Titanium = shit software from a shity company.
K-tag from them was cloned, Kess V2 was cloned, ECM was cracked... in 6 months they will dissapear.
RaraK

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »

alientech hardware is very good, ecm is not really though.
papasound

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »

Of course i'm not a pro at all here, but from my first experience ECM titanium is really great software, i've been using this  for couple of months with great success, while with winols i've got a lot of misunderstandings and errors, but thats because im noob. So for noobs ECM titanium is good software - lets you do things very easy and very fast but not as thorough as winols. A/B Comaprison/hex/2d/maps/value editing works great and ui is very intuitive. It has huge datatbase of ecus etc,  im not advertising to use this but i found it very easy to head jump into mapping scene. Obvi1ously after some time when i get comfortable with winols/tunepro i wont even be looking to that side.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:06:23 PM by papasound » Logged

Friends will never leave friends on stock.
Rick

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 02:58:40 AM »

It is hideous software. 

The maps it identifies are complete rubbish, all load vs rpm...

For example, things it labels as "fuel" maps are often MAF correction maps.  It's probably one of the biggest reasons there are so many bad tunes our there.

Alientech hardware is great though.

Rick
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 10:04:39 AM »

It is hideous software.  

The maps it identifies are complete rubbish, all load vs rpm...

For example, things it labels as "fuel" maps are often MAF correction maps.  It's probably one of the biggest reasons there are so many bad tunes our there.

Alientech hardware is great though.

Rick

Just like DIMsport... their definitions are horrible... many axis aren't defined, even tables don't have the right scalar/conversions so you really don't know what is really is you're editing.  Worst part is, they don't allow you to define your own, and they won't fix their definitions either.  Many thousands of Euros for garbage.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »

There is NO way I would trust anything ecm defined.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
RaraK

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 05:08:27 AM »

Maybe not discredit ECM totally, maybe it works on ecu's of other platforms much better whereas the VAG stuff is a little more complex and its not so well refined for them?

IDK just a thought, people tend to knock products, that work well on one thing but not another...hence the reason why many pro tuners own many tools Tongue
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »

Maybe not discredit ECM totally, maybe it works on ecu's of other platforms much better whereas the VAG stuff is a little more complex and its not so well refined for them?

IDK just a thought, people tend to knock products, that work well on one thing but not another...hence the reason why many pro tuners own many tools Tongue

That is possible... but at least from what I've seen from DIMsport that is not the case... it's the same crap all around with Benz, BMW, VAG, etc..

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: