Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2000 Audi A4 1.8tqm  (Read 16132 times)
Mythbuster74

« on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »

Alright so i've been looking around this forum just about all day today, I ordered my usb to obdII cable and it should be here by Tuesday.  Being a 2000 it is a facelift model, but from what i've read it's narrowband (not sure what that affects thoug).  It looks like I have a ME7 ecu, and im pretty sure it looks like its dbw.  So my first question is will I be able to use the nefmoto software with this setup?  and does anyone know of a definition file for this or one thats comparable?

I've got tons of time on my hands but can't find the beginner information I need to move on to the advanced material.  im in college studying mechanical engineering if that means anything to you guys lol.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »

Alright so i've been looking around this forum just about all day today, I ordered my usb to obdII cable and it should be here by Tuesday.  Being a 2000 it is a facelift model, but from what i've read it's narrowband (not sure what that affects thoug).  It looks like I have a ME7 ecu, and im pretty sure it looks like its dbw.  So my first question is will I be able to use the nefmoto software with this setup?  and does anyone know of a definition file for this or one thats comparable?

I've got tons of time on my hands but can't find the beginner information I need to move on to the advanced material.  im in college studying mechanical engineering if that means anything to you guys lol.

Welcome. If you have a DBW car from 2000 then you have a narrowband me7.5. The nefmoto software will work with the ecu, but keep in mind you will have to select the 29f400bb memory layout, not the 29f800bb. As for startup help, try reading the s4 tuning wiki.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

As for a definition file, those are categorized primarily by vag number. What is yours? It'll look something like: 4B0906018Q. Start by pulling, and posting the file contained in your ecu, commonly referred to as a bin. It will be 512kb in size (as opposed to the more common 1024kb flashes/.bins from the rest of the NA me7 ecu's). Do some reading, all of your questions have been asked and answered more times than I can count.

Good luck.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Mythbuster74

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »

How close is the s4 to the a4?  I know that they're on the same chassis as the a4 but when it comes down to the ecu and that sort of thing, how similar is it really?
Mythbuster74

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »

And as soon as I get my ecu serial i'll post it, but like I said I haven't gotten my cable yet haha.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:17:17 PM »

Map structure, acronyms, framework, all the same. The s4 tuning wiki is 100 percent applicable to the a4 ecu. The locations may have changed, but the names stay the same.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Mythbuster74

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 08:25:35 AM »

So from what i've seen it looks like that table when I pull it will have names like 1x02595 and then ill have to look through the s4 guides for that number and make my own definition from what they have?  Is that what you mean by same acronyms?  Or will it have different numbers but they will have the same parameters?
Mythbuster74

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 10:17:32 AM »

Alright so I can't get the nefmoto program to run, but i did succesfully pull the stock ecu flash with the mpps software.  Any help on getting the nefmoto program to work is appreciated.  Also when i tried to read the file in tunerpro all i could get was the hex code, I thought that it would convert that to the bosch definitions and thier corresponding values?  What am i missing here?  
If you know of a thread with these answers please direct me, im more than happy to read the posts, sometimes it's just difficult to find what im looking for.

I attached what i pulled from the ecu but im not sure it's actually a stock flash because i have boost spikes to 21 psi.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:30:51 PM by ddillenger » Logged
Mythbuster74

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »

Correction the program runs but won't recognize my cable, i've tried the ftdi drivers but had no luck.
Mythbuster74

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 10:49:15 AM »

Tried a different driver "usb serial converter" and it was recognized by nefmoto, but wouldn't connect.  It just kinda froze the program.
Mythbuster74

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »

Found out more, got my bin file open in winols and a small map pack.  I'm confused on how to decide how to actually change the different values and how they correspond to tuning differences.  I'm pretty sure that i have to use tunerpro to set variables and different graphs? A lot of the tutorial kind of things i see kinda just say "then you do it"  without explaining actually how.  If someone could make a video to show beginners that would be awesome.  If I ever actually figure this whole thing out i would love to make one haha. 

Also I'm confused as to what similarities i'm looking for between maps?  And how i can use the hex locations from the s4 like I was told, because on my ecu they're nonexistent.
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »

That's an APR file.

Attached is an original (not the same software number).

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Mythbuster74

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 05:36:41 PM »

That's an APR file.

Attached is an original (not the same software number).

So just by the software number you were able to tell?  And also what stage is it? 
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »

It says

"Revision Date 22 Nov 2000 ****Code changes copyright 2000 Audi Performance and Racing****"

right in the file.

Open it in a hex editor and browse to address 1FB00 and see for yourself. As for what stage, who knows. Spiking 21psi sure sounds agressive though. Especially with the tiny injectors in that car.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Mythbuster74

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 05:58:42 PM »

It says

"Revision Date 22 Nov 2000 ****Code changes copyright 2000 Audi Performance and Racing****"

right in the file.

Open it in a hex editor and browse to address 1FB00 and see for yourself. As for what stage, who knows. Spiking 21psi sure sounds agressive though. Especially with the tiny injectors in that car.

Apparently it is running it lean, my ltft's are always negative and I get occasional studders.  Especially if the fuel is lacking in quality.
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 06:23:22 PM »

Negative fuel trims mean it's rich sir.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: