Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: audi b6 s4 4.2l v8 supercharger tuning  (Read 54093 times)
prj

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »

Tuning a N/A with boost on ME7 is not a stroll in the park, you do need to understand how the ECU works.
Even if I told you exactly what map you have to change, you'd still have the car behaving very weird, because of other variables.

Have a look and understanding where requested load comes from, follow the schematics all the way, it really is not that that difficult compared to some other things found in the FR, and you certainly must understand it to get anywhere with this.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
airtite

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2013, 12:20:35 AM »

the thing is with the stock injectors the car was behaving fine and had no issues with stumbling etc it would only start leaning out after 5500rpm where the stock injectors just couldnt keep up so I dont quite understand why it now has become so complex, the supercharger is only a 7psi pulley so its not like the boost levels are so high, I could probably get away with leaving the load requested vs actual not matching and just spend a bit of time figuring out why with the new injectors I am getting the slight stumble when going WOT. Anyway I am sure I will be able to get some help from someone just feels like lately I am not getting much input from this forum which is such a pity because when I first joined here the whole attitude was different.
airtite

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2013, 12:40:56 AM »

ok so I am not an engineer and dont know how to read schematics, from the FR there are 2 schematics that reference rlsol_w which is requested load, now to show how little I know I would assume that if the result is rlsol_w it would be to the right hand side end of the drawing? If someone could just assist in explaining how to read this one which prj says isnt to difficult then i would learn and be able to do this myself in the future (I am not lazy, just dont know how).

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2013, 12:42:05 AM »

ok so I am not an engineer and dont know how to read schematics, from the FR there are 2 schematics that reference rlsol_w which is requested load, now to show how little I know I would assume that if the result is rlsol_w it would be to the right hand side end of the drawing?

Yes.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
airtite

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2013, 01:45:58 AM »

Yes.

ok so then there arent any diagrams with rlsol_w at the far right of the diagram and these 2 diagrams that do reference rlsol_w start with rlsol_w so how do I figure out where rlsol_w comes from if it is the start  Huh
Axis

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2013, 06:09:33 AM »

... just feels like lately I am not getting much input from this forum which is such a pity because when I first joined here the whole attitude was different.
You'll get there but perhaps not as quick as you thought you would.
It would have been much better for you to start with an FI ecu on another car. As prj said FI on a NA ecu is not plain simple standard tuning and when you've yet to learn following the FR diagrams it is difficult.
I don't think it's fair to blame the forum attitude when you have started a project that you might not have enough skill to follow through yet.
airtite

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2013, 07:34:25 AM »

It would have been much better for you to start with an FI ecu on another car. As prj said FI on a NA ecu is not plain simple standard tuning and when you've yet to learn following the FR diagrams it is difficult.
I don't think it's fair to blame the forum attitude when you have started a project that you might not have enough skill to follow through yet.

thanks for the input but if you look back I have already tuned a 1.8t k04 hybrid me7 and a GTI med9 k04 hybrid so this wasnt my "start"
phila_dot

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »

Look at %MDFUE

rlsol really isn't your problem though.

Is it lean when stumbling?
airtite

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2013, 09:05:56 AM »

Look at %MDFUE

rlsol really isn't your problem though.

Is it lean when stumbling?

Smiley thank you...... the only reason I was looking at rlsol was because actual load was quite a bit higher than requested. So I shouldnt really worry about that then?

I will try and log more so I can see, if you look at the afr logs posted on the previous page it does look like it may be lean as I go WOT but then on the next log with the WMI enabled it was rich as I went WOT and I cant remember now if it stumbled on that run or not. I will do some more logging a little later tonight and see.

Another rthing I noticed is that with the stock injectors I was actually getting more airflow 375gs and now with the 440cc injectors the airflow has dropped back to 350gs which is what it was when I was running the 4psi pulley, so something isnt right.

appreciate the help!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »

Also, I don't think there are many here that can help anyway... I know I can't. I have no idea how to do FI on an NA ecu :/

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
airtite

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2013, 09:56:33 AM »

ok so here is the diagram from MDFUE and rlsol_w is the result (not sure why my search didnt pick that up) but it still points to KFMIRL right?

and the description

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »

You'll note that SY_TURBO = 0, which means instead of rl_max capping IRL, the cap is 100.

ECUx Plot

airtite

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »

You'll note that SY_TURBO = 0, which means instead of rl_max capping IRL, the cap is 100.

So then no point in making IRL values higher than 100 because its HARD capped at 100 anyway?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2013, 10:19:26 AM »

So then no point in making IRL values higher than 100 because its HARD capped at 100 anyway?

Yep. Presumably you might have to do so assembly hacking to fix that. Might want to look around for more references to SY_turbo.

I have no idea if the results will work. I do not know what "pro" tuners have done on the SC kits. But if history is a guide, I'm sure they're all huge hack jobs since they have a market to rush into headlong.

ECUx Plot

airtite

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2013, 12:22:44 AM »

Yep. Presumably you might have to do so assembly hacking to fix that. Might want to look around for more references to SY_turbo.

I have no idea if the results will work. I do not know what "pro" tuners have done on the SC kits. But if history is a guide, I'm sure they're all huge hack jobs since they have a market to rush into headlong.

Well the PRO tune from the manufacturer for the kit doesnt do anything special and the tune is actually very basic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: