Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Stage 3 Franken Turbo with EV14: Logs inside, need help  (Read 33889 times)
savages4

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »

So i need to scale KFLDRL down and KFLDIMX back up so I'm getting full boost in lower gears?  I'll post it as soon as I get home from work, but its pretty similar to the other bin's i've posted up in this thread.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »

Yea. The basic problem is that KFLDIMX is met sooner in lower gears because of the speed at which rpms (and boost) build compared to higher gears.

That means that the I component builds faster, and is more likely to hit the I-limit in low gears than in high gears, where it may NEVER get there.

You can also LOWER the i-limit so it is always the limit (and raise DRL), but then you may get interference from the I-limit trims (and other things that affect the i-limit)

That is a double edged sword; on one hand it gives you a way to vary the WG limit based on conditions. On the other hand, its less safe because there are some conditions which might give you an i-limit you don't want.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:43:56 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
savages4

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »

So I increase KFLDIMX up so I'm hitting 20 psi in 1st and 2nd, and then scale which columns down in KFLDRL ?  The 70 - 80 -90 columns down? And how much should I lower them do you think?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »

Again, it depends on how much work you want to do.

The safest thing is to just make the last row of DRL match what you want your wg to be, and bring i-max up such that it doesn't limit your wgdc in high gear

Basically, DRL's effect is gear (and condition) independent, so if that is your wg limit, its easy

I-max's effect can depend on all kinds of things, so if you depend on that for your wg limit, it is a lot more work.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
savages4

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »

Okay, I'll give it a try and let you know if that helps.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2013, 03:08:44 PM »

Okay, I'll give it a try and let you know if that helps.

Just make sure to log i-max and before/after linearization wg. Post up them up and I will try to help.

I don't have the names handy, you'll have to look them up.

ECUx Plot

savages4

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »

attached is my kfldimx as requested
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:03 PM »

eheh i meant the logs

ECUx Plot

s5fourdoor

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 09:51:02 PM »

Please also post your KFLDRL and KFMIRL.
savages4

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »

Did about 5 revisions worth of tweaking with raising KFLDIMX and lower KFLDRL in the last 3 columns.. I've attached my KFLDIMX and KFLDRL, I ended up with pretty positive results and am hitting 20 psi in all gears except 1st where im hitting about 18 psi, but its tons better so I'm happy with it for now.  Attached is what I ended up with.  I'll do some logs tomorrow.
savages4

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 07:56:26 PM »

I'm pulling my hair out, and I'm about to just throw a MBC in.. I cannot get boost under control in 5th and 6th without butchering my 1st-4th gear boost, I'm trying to dial it in at 20 psi, and I'm either overboosting to 24-25 psi in 5th and 6th and hitting 20 psi in 1-4th or underboosting 1-4th and hitting 20 psi in 5th or 6th... I've played with KFLDRL and KFLDIMX over a million revisions it seems, and I just can't get it to behave right.. I don't get why there isn't a way to adjust boost by gear, I even tried playing with KFMDBGRG and it didn't do anything to limit boost by gear.  Any suggestions ?  Am I the only one who's car boosts higher and higher as gears climb?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »

Looks like you may need to start tuning Q2

start with the RS4 values.

you should tune Q2 for 1-3 in the 4k column, and 4-6 in the 3k column

i.e. if you are overboosting in gears 1-3, raise the 4k column, if underboosting, lower it

then the same for 4-6

ECUx Plot

savages4

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »

I'm assuming you mean row not column?  Aren't these relating to RPM, like 3000 rpm and 4000 rpm? I don't see how this has affect on the gears, unless they mean something other than rpm..
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 03:08:30 AM »

I'm assuming you mean row not column?  Aren't these relating to RPM, like 3000 rpm and 4000 rpm? I don't see how this has affect on the gears, unless they mean something other than rpm..

The higher the load (i mean, load on the motor, not rl), the earlier (rpm wise) you will hit peak boost.

ECUx Plot

ibizacupra

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2013, 09:33:03 AM »

I'm pulling my hair out, and I'm about to just throw a MBC in.. I cannot get boost under control in 5th and 6th without butchering my 1st-4th gear boost, I'm trying to dial it in at 20 psi, and I'm either overboosting to 24-25 psi in 5th and 6th and hitting 20 psi in 1-4th or underboosting 1-4th and hitting 20 psi in 5th or 6th... I've played with KFLDRL and KFLDIMX over a million revisions it seems, and I just can't get it to behave right.. I don't get why there isn't a way to adjust boost by gear, I even tried playing with KFMDBGRG and it didn't do anything to limit boost by gear.  Any suggestions ?  Am I the only one who's car boosts higher and higher as gears climb?

What are your LDR's set to?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: