Pages: [1]
Author Topic: early euro s4 logging  (Read 5840 times)
adeyspec

« on: March 18, 2013, 05:46:32 AM »

ok quick question. my early euro s4 has an annoying dash that disconects ecu conection alot of the time. basic logging is hit and miss also, can get a good 20min of logging sometimes and others ill be disconected after 20 seconds.

my plan is to run a fresh k line direct from the ecu to the obd port and see if it likes it. has anyone else had to do this and did it work? also will it cause the ecu to throw a wobbly as its not connected to the dash and such?

what componenets use the k line for comunications during the normal running of the car?

thanks for you time

adey
adeyspec

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:39:41 AM »

rather than disconecting the line completely for my new wire can i run it in tandem with the original?
adeyspec

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »

ok a little test on the drive with the engine running shows no disconnect so far with a dedicated k line from ecu to the obd port. when i try and connect them both together so a dedicated line and the original i get disconnects almost instantly.

time to try logging on the road  Grin
prento

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »

Hi there.

The symptoms you described are simular to what I am having with my 2000 Allroad.  I was wondering if you could shed some light on what you did to make it work?

Many thanks,

Kieran
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 03:50:24 PM »

ok a little test on the drive with the engine running shows no disconnect so far with a dedicated k line from ecu to the obd port. when i try and connect them both together so a dedicated line and the original i get disconnects almost instantly.

time to try logging on the road  Grin

Hi there.

The symptoms you described are simular to what I am having with my 2000 Allroad.  I was wondering if you could shed some light on what you did to make it work?

Many thanks,

Kieran

He ran a wire from the ecu K-line to the OBD connector bypassing the other modules that also use the k-line. It's in his post.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
prento

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:57:08 PM »

Sorry for my noob like post.  What I meant is the physical method  i.e. for somebody who has technical ability but has never done this sort of thing before.  Is there a wiki or youtube type explanation?  I know enough not to start unplugging ecu's and attching wires when I am in doubt  Shocked

Many thanks,

Kieran

ps.  I am also trying to research my comm's fault with lead before I asked anything but thought I may aswell ask as I going on rolling road tomorrow and would be nice to post some logs up.  I could connect using blue chinese 4.09 vagcom cable in XP using original drivers but when I updated to CDM v2.08.28 Certified (as suggested in logging guide) ME7 logger and Nefmoto flasher stop connecting, failed echo test (checked com ports etc).  I have tried to instal everthing on win7 laptop but it will only let me use later drivers and same fault.  I have a copy vagcom 11.12 lead but that does not work either.  Probably a few noobish and irritating statements here, for which I apologise.  Theres so much info on this forum it takes hours to get anywhere.  Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:04:33 PM by prento » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: