Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Driver Error  (Read 5970 times)
Mythbuster74

« on: March 19, 2013, 05:34:50 PM »

Alright so i got this cable http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WIN8VQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and finally installed the ftdi driver, but I keep getting device error 10 (no communication).  My only guess is that this cable isn't compatible with this driver?  Or i need some kind of 64 bit driver.

Other people on amazon have said they've gotten it to work so i'm not sure whats happening.  Im using windows 7 x64 on a asus g73 if that helps.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35:40 PM »

Try this:

If you want to check what chip is in your cable, or see if it supports NefMoto premium features, you can use the NefMoto ECU Flasher version 1.6.1.0 or later. Just select the USB device and then hover your mouse over it. It will display all of the info about the FTDI chip in the cable and say if it supports premium NefMoto features.

You might just have a bum cable... but who knows.

Any reason why you didn't bother to buy the ones listed in the "approved cables" thread?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Mythbuster74

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »

I had already ordered it before looking, and then after i did the one i bought looked to have the same support.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:54:04 PM »

which ftdi drivers have you tried

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Mythbuster74

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »

Rosstech, ftdi from website, whatever installer is in tony's thread.  The rosstech ones installed right but were never recognized on vcds.  The generic ftdi driver give the error
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:49:43 AM »

i once had this issue uninstall the driver and install with this one
CoupedUp

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 08:37:45 AM »

i once had this issue uninstall the driver and install with this one

Also, note that if you have trouble installing(I got the BSOD) the new driver then you likely need to go to System32 and find the FTDIUNIN.exe and use that in Windows 2000 compatibility mode(not sure this is necessary but I followed the instructions I found online).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: