Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2003 Jetta 2.0 automatic 55DD19E0BC0F - DEF  (Read 8322 times)
Mk4wagon

« on: April 24, 2016, 04:53:38 AM »

2003 Jetta 2.0 automatic.I was messing around with Vag-Commander 2.5 and accidentally pushed reset ecu on the instrument cluster tab. Now i have a def reading and no dash lights except the battery light. I didnt save the file either and have tried everything. VCDS wont give me my tach id or numbers at all. Car starts and shuts off due to immo.  Is my cluster done or ecu? Need help please guys. Thank you! Here are my codes: VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.1
Sunday, 24 April 2016, 05:53:07:7095
Control Module Part Number:
  Component and/or Version: KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO
           Software Coding: 00000
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
                      VCID: 55DD19E0BC0F
6 Faults Found:
65535 -  Internal Control Module Memory Error
        00-00 -   -
00771 -  Fuel Level Sensor (G)
        30-00 -  Open or Short to Plus
01039 -  Coolant Temperature Sensor (G2)
        30-00 -  Open or Short to Plus
01176 -  Key
        65-10 -  Unauthorized - Intermittent
01177 -  Engine Control Unit
        65-10 -  Unauthorized - Intermittent
01179 -  Incorrect Key Programming
        35-00 -   -
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:26:26 AM by nyet » Logged
Dave9n3

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:35:42 AM »

I'm not totally sure but i imagine the SKC will be stored in the ECU also. There is ways to read the immo code from the keys with certain tools. Have you re flashed a file back to the tacho, if not are you able to read the part numbers etc off the unit itself and try to find a virgin file for your cluster. I think you may be able to modify the virgin file to include your new skc code for the tacho.

Or maybe even disable the immo totally with an immo off file for the tacho. Sorry ive not given any concrete answers but hopefully some other guys will come along and help you with the best thing to do to get it working again.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 05:19:08 AM »

You'll need the EEPROM from another cluster to restore your. Lucky for you mk4 clusters are easy to fix just write another mk4 bin to your cluster be sure it's auto then read the skc from the ecu. Log in with the skc from the new EEPROM file you just wrote to the cluster use vcds and adapt the cluster and ecu then adapt the key to cluster. Multi part task but really easy and doable

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Mk4wagon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:12:19 AM »

The car is a 2003 jetta 2.0 auto. I bought a new cluster from an 02 and tried this but cant get it to work. Do you possibly have an eeprom file i can use?
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »

02-03 should work fine both immo 3. Use vageeprom with just a regular kkl cable it will work no problem. Vageeprom is floating around the forum easy to find and use, might even be sticked  Wink .

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 12:54:08 PM »

Also, in the future, please provide a more useful subject.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Mk4wagon

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 01:06:14 PM »

Well the problem is when I read my old dead instrument clusters eeprom I get a 5 digit pin instead of 4 and can't find a file that matches mine been working on it for days now. If you can direct me to one id appreciate it. Also I can't really read my ecu because I don't know what to put in the start address and the length because it fails to read it automatically.
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 01:49:11 PM »

If you do what I said with the software I said to do it with it will work without issue. Use vageeprom and read the EEPROM file from your other auto cluster them write it to your broken cluster. Boom cluster is back alive. Use argdubs EEPROM tool over obd and read your ecu's EEPROM and post it. I will tell you the 4 digit pin. The 5th digit is just a 0 you add before you input the skc that is all. Use the skc from  EEPROM off the doner cluster and log in adapt it to the car using the skc you got from your ecu. Then use your original skc to pair your key(s) I'm not really sure how to explain it any further.

Side note: if you just immo off the ecu the car will start and run but you'll never be able to adapt a key or pair another cluster while immo is inactive so I wouldnt recommend doing this
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:52:09 PM by Marty » Logged

Mk4wagon

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 08:39:50 AM »

The problem is that I accidentally pushed reset cluster in vag commander and now my cluster reads def and is dead even when I try to read the file.
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 10:21:09 AM »

omg...
I give up

_nameless

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 10:24:43 AM »

The problem is...
The problem is you didn't listen to a word I said. If you want to fix your car read what I posted above ^ and above that ^^. I'm not going to write it all out again. You're gunna have to invest a little effort in the forum or you will not get very far.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 10:26:46 AM »

I have changed the topic of this thread. Please use more descriptive subjects the next time you start a thread.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
k0mpresd

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »

The problem is you didn't listen to a word I said. If you want to fix your car read what I posted above ^ and above that ^^. I'm not going to write it all out again. You're gunna have to invest a little effort in the forum or you will not get very far.

there is also way more to this story than what is being told here as well. because no button will corrupt the software like has happened here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: