Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roadrunner and Me7 - a few questions  (Read 4426 times)
timo_auq

« on: March 21, 2021, 08:08:29 AM »

Hi guys,

I want to get my hands on the roadrunner emulator from moates but before I spend the money I want to be sure I get everything to work as expected.
My plan is to emulate in real time, without restarting.
I've read nearly everything I could find. But there is no clear instruction what is needed. As soon as I get everything to work like the user prj I will probably try to make a how to for this kind of emulator. Let's see.

As far as I know I will need a spare ecu for my model HN in my case, the roadrunner is put on the Me7 board instead of the 29f800 chip, byteswapping can be done by winendian or via the byteswap board from moates. The eeprom from the emulator ecu has to be set in test mode and the immo has to be deleted. I will have to rebuild the ecu housing to fit the extra stuff without movement to prevent breaking or shorting. I can tune live on the emulator, save the file and flash it to my original ecu.

At this point there are a few questions left.
- I want/will have to solder some kind of socket on the emulator ecu to plug the roadrunner in, I couldnt find one on moates page, where and what to get? I found a few programming adapters for psop44 can I use those? Or is there a better way to connect the roadrunner to the ecu? Except loose cables
- Do I have to clone the coding for other units, or is the car with the emulator ecu working without coding?
- when the hardware stuff is done, can I just connect and flash my base file to the roadrunner?
- what's the easiest way to reach the eeprom? Is it possible without soldering? I want to keep the soldering as minimal as possible as I expect the biggest potential to destroy the board for me.

I forgot a lot probably.
I'm just getting in to this stuff and I'm here to learn, probably by doing it by myself. So let's talk about it, so a newb like me can do it.

Hopefully prj can explain. He got it working as I intend it to work.

That's maybe a lot but I'm looking forward to get some help. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:08:23 AM by timo_auq » Logged
Abp613

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 10:20:59 AM »

You ever get anywhere with this?? Seems interesting... I never herd of this but Im petty new to these Me7 ecus.. I see lots of ram locations for my little bit of snooping around these ecus, not enough for live emulation? Or just no one coding anything? Tbh I been having fun reversing my stock bin and screwing around with these load/torque based mapping but now that I read this, I think ill start looking into live tuning. Anyone running these units on speeduino?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: