Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VAG K+ CAN 2.5 vs 3.6 problems  (Read 31519 times)
ddillenger

« on: March 31, 2013, 03:43:17 PM »

I can't get vag-commander 3.6 working with my ross-tech cable, only 2.5..

anybody else have problems with 3.6?

It works with my dumb cable, but someone else said it didn't work for them?

2.5 works with everything though.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »

It works with my dumb cable, but someone else said it didn't work for them?

2.5 works with everything though.

3.6 includes ftchipid.dll, which is worrisome.

It is definitely looking for a ftdi id (or at least a certain kind of ftdi chip that supports a certain kind of id)... which might explain why 3.6 doesn't work with my Ross-tech cable, my dumb ftdi cable (forgot which flavor), and my ch340 based kkl cable... but 2.5 does work with all three Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 05:02:14 PM »

My cable is as dumb as they come. I'm just running a random galletto EPT on it that I found works with the most programs. I will note that it only works plugged into a specific USB port on my computer, but I assume that has to do with com-port assignment. You did edit the tester.ini file to display the correct port number for your cable right? I just tested it, works flawlessly with my standard ebay cable. I'd never upload something that didn't work for me, so I find it odd that it isn't working for you guys. I can upload my cable EPT if requested, just let me know!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:03:51 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »

You did edit the tester.ini file to display the correct port number for your cable right?

yep. i've tried pretty much all com ports with device manager, no joy.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 05:18:07 PM »

Port and driver settings.

EPT I'm using is attached.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
sweegie

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 05:49:22 PM »

This has been doing my nut in for 2 weeks... So much so I have looked at the possibility of unpacking 3.6 which is not simple (execryptor), then trying to intercept the calls to the ftdi libraries with no success, then looking at writing a dll to proxy requests to the ftdi libraries....

I need to buy a new cable too as the galletto cable i've been testing with has issues anyway.... Will look at one of the plain jane dumb ones with a ft232r chipset and resume testing.
eliotroyano

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 01:27:15 PM »

I notice that many have been using modded Vag K+Can Commander V2.5 or V3.6 software for KKL interfaces with some sucess. But testing it I notice that some times it is unstable or slow in response. If you basically want to read/modify/write an ECU/Airbag/Cluster eeprom and/or change the info in it you can test this little software from my friends of Digital-Kaos --> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/car-dumps-database/34/vag-eeprom-programmer-1-19g-2121/.

I have a test bench cable for Clusters and I have tested with VDO and Motometer clusters working quite good. And the best part is it uses a simple KKL FTDI based interface. The only drawback is that I think that it is compatible with cars up to 2006 or 2007 when Micronas cluster starts to appears in VAG cars.

Enjoy it!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »

Because it requires registration, I'll post it here.

I was really hoping it would read ecu eeproms, but alas, it fails Sad

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
KWest

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 11:32:21 PM »

ddillenger,
  Any chance you are using a 32bit OS? I produce a cable for Aprilia motorcycles that is based on the FTDI chipset, I know if my program is compiled for 32/64 bit OS and is run on a 64bit machine the FTDI ChipID dll throws an error.

I have tested 3.6 you posted on 2 different KKL cables, and 2 of my own FTDI based cables without luck. However all the computers have been 64bit machines.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:34:59 PM by KWest » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 11:56:21 PM »

I am using a 32bit OS, windows xp to be specific. I find it gives the best results with the most programs.

I suppose that might be the issue. You 64bit guys might be stuck with the older version Tongue

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
KWest

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 06:40:17 AM »

I will try it on a 32bit Win7 netbook I have this weekend. Also I think I have a modified .dll for ChipID for 64bit machines, I'll have to look around.
Frenchfries

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 08:31:13 AM »

I know it's an older post, but I would like to notify that I tried with exactly the same configuration and it doesn't work for me.
Indeed,win xp 32 bits, galetto cable upgraded with the same .ept.
Is it possible that the software was been changed?
Somebody has found something about it?
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:24 AM »

I know it's an older post, but I would like to notify that I tried with exactly the same configuration and it doesn't work for me.
Indeed,win xp 32 bits, galetto cable upgraded with the same .ept.
Is it possible that the software was been changed?
Somebody has found something about it?

Apparently I'm the only one for whom 3.6 works with a standard FTDI cable. Not sure if it's my computer, but I have 2 different cables from 2 different suppliers and they both work with 3.6.

If it doesn't work for you, stick with v2.5. I don't see much difference between them, and 2.5 hasn't been reported not to work for anyone as of yet.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
djeegopaco

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 01:28:28 AM »

I have a question regarding the 2.5 version of commandeur. Its seems to be working But i can not get any data/eeprom. Its says its connented to my motometer cash vw lupo But when i click on read i Dont see any data com in.u
What am i doping wrong. Windows 7 with a kkl cable ft232r

Frenchfries

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 05:07:01 AM »

You're a lucky guy, because currently, my cable is recognised by the 2.5 software, but I can't have a connection with cars.
I can hear the contactor of the car, but no response from the controlleur.
I think my latency time is not correct  but I have to confirm it.
However, I can use vagprogrammer with the default setting.
For your case, it's possible that the software can't read this kind of dash. Is it working for other functions?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: