Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NefMoto is a censored word on AudiRevolution.net?  (Read 18307 times)
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« on: March 31, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »

Anyone know what the story with why NefMoto is a censored word on AudiRevolution.net?

Since no one has spoken to me about it, it must be quite interesting indeed...  Smiley

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »

Audirevolution is a joke. Those guys are ignorant asshats ruled by a moron who just loves to hear himself speak. Selective registration? All under the guise of freedom.

With that being said, I consider it high praise nefmoto is the one that shall not be named. How can saki have 1000's of posts without conveying one useful bit of information?

But as far as your question, I haven't the slightest idea.

Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »

there was a huge argument i think jibberjive can chime in and let us know
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »

they have to use code n.e.f. n.e.f.m.o.t.o  n     e     f    moto lol
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »

Home of sakimano, the king of the clueless dipshits.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »

Anyone know what the story with why NefMoto is a censored word on AudiRevolution.net?

Since no one has spoken to me about it, it must be quite interesting indeed...  Smiley

From what I understand (or don't understand), somehow/someone believes that Nefmoto is a collection of softwares that was derrived from others work.  I'm unsure if they are talking about some big name tuner's tunes being posted, or the Nefmoto software itself, or even logging software or tools from others that has been made available here.

If you check the thread it will explain more of why the owner/admin of that site has blocked Nefmoto:
http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=736.0

From what I can see its one due to users posting pro tuned files, and 2nd because I think he believes Setzi's logger was reverse engineered from someone else's software.  At least that is the gist I get from his posts.

How he could know this, or come to this conclusion without seeing the source code is beyond me, so he is obviously going by 3rd party information at this point.  I got into a huge argument on that site in that thread FWIW because many of them are just a bunch of neanderthals.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 01:33:25 PM »

ChrisK is a clueless moron.

They're all too dumb to do anything on their own, so they're rather pay somebody else to reverse engineer for them.

Apparently, if you pay somebody reverse engineer something, it isn't stealing.
LOL.

What a bunch of dumbshits.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:35:02 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »

I got into a huge argument on that site in that thread FWIW because many of them are just a bunch of neanderthals.

I don't believe you. I think it's because they called you Notoriously Slow. Tongue

I almost died laughing when I read that.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »

^^ LOL Tongue

The biggest problem is they're all a bunch of nut swingers... They ridicule the EPL/AMD nutswingers on other forums, but when it comes to JHM and/or CountVohn he can do no harm.  For some reason because he is a tuner @ SVT/Ford he is supposed to magically know everything and anything about ME and can do no wrong.

Anyway, I said my piece there and got slammed because it's like a highschool there, the popular kid gets blindly defended by people that don't even know what is being talked about.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »

he is a tuner @ SVT/Ford

uh. Right. :rollseyes:

Same old horseshit from the same old dumbfuck jocks who have to pay others to think for them.

ECUx Plot

cerips

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 02:19:57 PM »

WOW, what a fun read that thread on AR was  Cheesy

So reverse engineering or finding out how things work is stealing and illegal, someone better tell the patent office you can't read patents you might find out how something works and then you'd be a criminal.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 02:25:52 PM »

So reverse engineering or finding out how things work is stealing and illegal

No, it is legal if you are being paid to do it by an idiot who thinks it's illegal.

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 02:32:43 PM »

No, it is legal if you are being paid to do it by an idiot who thinks it's illegal.

That's because HE's not stealing it Nye, he's buying it!

The guy he's getting it from on the other hand...

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »

Seriously, though, I wonder what issues they have with setzi's logger.

It can't be the logging protocol itself; it is well documented, and at this point everybody knows how to log a RAM location.

Apparently, ECUx isn't "illegal", so its either because it uses this well known protocol, or because you have to pay for ECUx (LOL). Hell, the Nefmoto logger does the same thing.

So that leaves setzi's clever op code searching stuff.

As far as I know, there is no other software that does this for ME7.

In any case, I doubt anybody at AR has any clue what is involved in doing what ME7Logger does on that front.

So we can pretty much assume the AR crew is just universally retarded. Hanlon's razor, and all that.

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »

So we can pretty much assume the AR crew is just universally retarded.

That's pretty much it right there Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: