Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Questions regarding DTC deletes  (Read 7000 times)
16g-95gsc

« on: April 10, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »

So I wanted to start small and try tuning the ecu with things as simple as removing DTCs. I've used the tuning wiki as a guide and had a few questions:

I am using the M box XDF that is readily available on this site, and using the stock L box BIN so that it will work on my auto trans setup.  There are a number of things referred to in the wiki that I can't find on the XDF and was hoping someone could guide me.

Can't find these:

CDLATV - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (tv) in OBDII-Mode (inverse: EURO-Mode)
CDLASH - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (SHK) in OBDII-Mode (inverse: EURO-Mode)
CDLSHV - Lambda sensor sensor interchange recognition
CWKONLS - set to 17

Not sure what I need to do to complete this portion, call it me being a newb to tuner pro perhaps:

Finally, configure ESKONF (13 bytes starting at 0x10C75):[44]
ESKONF[5] (0x10C7A) - set to 0xC0 (set bits 6 and 7)
ESKONF[6] (0x10C7B) - set from 0xF3 to 0xFF (M-box) (set bits 2 and 3)
ESKONF[6] (0x10C7B) - set to 0xC3 to 0xCF (L-box) (set bits 2 and 3)

Then, excuse me if I just copy from the wiki so that people don't have to search, but where can I find these terms:

To fix up the EGT model:
ATM:
ZATMIKML = 1
ZATMIKKML = 1
TABGMEX = F(max)
TIKATMOE = 0
ZATMKML = 1
ZATMKKML = 1
TKATMOE = 0
(above maps can be skipped IF diagnostic functions DLSH, DLSAHK, DHLSHK, DSLSLRS, DKATLRS are disabled AND LAMBTS, LRSKA, BBSAWE, LRSHK are fixed as shown further down. But personally I would set these maps anyway to do a *proper fix*, so even me7 logger would log tkatm_w = tikatm_w = tabgm)
CWKONABG.0 = 0
TKATW = F(max)
LAMBTS (1. use temperature in exhaust manifold for BTS enrichment instead of precat 2. Enable LAMBTS only on high exhaust manifold temperatures - ignore cat/precat temperatures):
CWLAMBTS.2 = 1
DTBTS = 0
TKATBTS = F(max)
TIKATBTS = F(max)
LRSHK (to disable postcat o2 correction):
CLRSHK.0 = 1
CLRSHK.1 = 1
LRSKA (to disable "cat cleaning" function):
CLRSKA.0 = 0
BBSAWE (1. disable unneeded cat related cut-off latency 2. Do not disable cut-off based on cat temp)
KFTVSAKAT = 0
TKATSA = F(max)

Sorry if this is easy to you guys, realize this is my first attempt and I'm still stumbling through it. 
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »

Here is the xdf I use. It's been added to by a lot of people over the years. The emissions DTC's have descriptions on how to properly use them when you hover over them. As for the L-box, make sure you're using the one that ends with 7004 (bosch number) as the other doesn't work with the m-box xdf.

If you have questions after looking at the xdf I just added, ask away.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
16g-95gsc

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »

Awesome, thank you very much. 
tbm

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:50:05 AM »

Here is the xdf I use. It's been added to by a lot of people over the years. The emissions DTC's have descriptions on how to properly use them when you hover over them. As for the L-box, make sure you're using the one that ends with 7004 (bosch number) as the other doesn't work with the m-box xdf.

If you have questions after looking at the xdf I just added, ask away.
Do you have xdf emission delete file for 06A906032HN ?
prj

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 05:48:24 AM »

There's a full damos for that ECU.
If you are too lazy to do it, I can do it for you, but some money will be involved.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »

Do you have xdf emission delete file for 06A906032HN ?

No. I made the changes to the M-box before I knew what I was doing. I no longer need a cheat sheet, so I never bothered to do any others with descriptions.

Like PRJ said, the HN is well defined. Just use the s4 wiki.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
tbm

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:18:44 AM »

There's a full damos for that ECU.
If you are too lazy to do it, I can do it for you, but some money will be involved.
I'm not lazy! I don't know how to do this yet. I'm beginner with ME but not with other ECU. I've tuned many cars.
316LV

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 07:59:54 PM »

I'm not lazy! I don't know how to do this yet. I'm beginner with ME but not with other ECU. I've tuned many cars.

Here is the link for the HN def. courtesy of ArgDub: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.0

If you leave your rear 02 in place its easy. Turn off cat diagnosis and rear 02 aging IIRC. Works for me.

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: