Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Check Engine Light doesn't work.  (Read 3416 times)
fever

« on: April 14, 2013, 12:46:15 PM »

Hi all!

Car in question is 2000 SEAT Ibiza 20VT SPORT (ME7 IMMO2)

From the first day since i bought this car, check engine light doesn't come on. Ignition on, VAG-COM instruments test, actual DTC, nothing turns CEL on. Car was completly stock, with standard software, which i changed to CUPRA R one later. Problem exists on both software versions. Car was sold with broken MAF and deleted CAT (that i discovered week later, had zero knowledge before). So i thought previos owner somehow hid it. Since then car was well maintained except that CEL problem. Lazyness, time lack, then comes half year winter....
So now it is warming up outside and finally i decided to pull my cluster out and actually check what's wrong. I disassembled cluster completly, waiting for some sort of black tape or broken/missing LED there, but everything is fine. No tape, LED is there, tested and working. Wiring in dash also looks fine.
Now i really confused. Assembled everything back now, and installed back in the car.
CEL is triggered via CAN i belive, so there isn't a wire that man can cut to disable that particular LED. So what else can i look for ?
Cluster software ?
Thanks.

DMIL 26.40 OBDII; MIL control
CWNOMIL

think i should read FR better....
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:55:58 PM by fever » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: