Pages: [1]
Author Topic: m3.8.3 immo off via obd  (Read 6226 times)
sam

« on: April 15, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »

hi, pretty much as the title suggests.. is it possible to turn the immo off via bench flashing or through the diagnostic port? i currently have a m3.8.3 ecu running my car (immo was removed by unsoldering the immo chip and replacing with a new chip with a modified file wrote to it, and due to my poor soldering skills i'd prefer a plug and play method if 1 exists??) i also have a few spare ecu's i would like to unlock for a future project and also for troubleshooting my car's poorly running issues at the moment, ideally i'd like to be able to try another ecu just to rule the current 1 out from causing problems...
so, can it be done without removing the chip? after alot of searching i can only find info for the later me7.5 ecu's. if i need to make up a lead to connect my computer to the odb/ecu can anyone point me in the right direction for pinout diagrams etc? i will happily go to a scrapyard and cut some plugs out of cars to make a nice cheap solution Grin
sam

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »

ok so i searched harder  Cheesy and found this post.
Just one note - you usually have to apply + power to the W pin (write protect).  An unpowered ECU normally holds the line down.  I just jumper power from the + pin to that one.

now.. which pin is the w pin? Huh

thanks in advance
maZer.GTi

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »

ok so i searched harder  Cheesy and found this post.
now.. which pin is the w pin? Huh

thanks in advance

Should be Pin 43 on Connector
sam

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:12:36 AM »

excellent, i have since found that in a few threads, so thank you  Cool
so basically i can clip on the chip reader and 12v to pin 43 and then i will be able to write to it whilst still attached to the ecu? as in the past i ended up taking the chip off the board and buying new chips to write too, as i assumed the immo chip couldn't be rewritting. obviously i'd prefer to simply plug a lead into the ecu and click immo off on a programme but since i can't find that sort of thing (does it exist?) and i'm certainly no where near as clever as any of you guys so i may have to stick with the chip reader and pin 43 powere...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: