Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PDF On where to find and how to figure out SKC To adapt keys  (Read 5215 times)
EuroXs4

« on: April 24, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »

Found this online Not sure if anyone posted it vw audi info starts on page 10 and continues on.Perhaps this will come in handy to someone trying to code keys to a vehicle.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:55:05 PM by EuroXs4 » Logged
portmanteau

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »

Found this online Not sure if anyone posted it vw audi info starts on page 10 and continues on.Perhaps this will come in handy to someone trying to code keys to a vehicle.

Really useful, thanks!

But does anyone know if one of the locations for the pin applies to instruments manufactured by "UN4" fitted to a 1998 model year A4 please?

UN4 dashes seem to be the troublesome ones for VAG-Tacho to deal with when it comes to extracting the pin ( SKC )
portmanteau

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 03:31:15 AM »

Here is the VAG-Tacho dump from the A4 1998 UN4 cluster in question

If anybody can locate the SKC/pin in there I would be eternally grateful, as I have had no success Sad

8D0919860H B5-KOMBIINSTR.UN4  D01

IMMO-IDENTNR:AUZ8Z0V7050067

ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 04:12:13 AM »

Something tells me you didn't LOOK at the dump before posting it. Whatever read it tagged it "WARNING: GARBAGE DATA" in a few places-lol

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
portmanteau

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »

Something tells me you didn't LOOK at the dump before posting it. Whatever read it tagged it "WARNING: GARBAGE DATA" in a few places-lol

I have seen a lot of bins derived from VAGTacho that say the same thing .... "lol"

yes, I looked at it

Can you please tell me (irrespective of whether the particular copy of Tacho is good or not - open to debate) where I would/should find the SKC on that particular UN4 cluster?

It's a Japanese market car originally, so maybe those clusters are not common on EU/UK/USA cars?  Maybe the answer will not be found on this forum?

portmanteau

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 09:50:09 AM »

I should also have added .... the same VAG-Tacho has successfully delivered me pins and written immo keys for at least 5 other cars, including C5 A6, B5 S4 and 8L A3.  Only this particular one is problematic, and I don't seem to be alone in having trouble with Nippon-Seiki clocks, which do not even exist as an option in the VAGTacho menu

Before posting here I have been through every line of the dump and tried every possible 4-digit pin derived from it, so assuming I am being lazy was a mistake Smiley

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:58:03 AM by portmanteau » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: