Pages: [1]
Author Topic: K vs M and TP vs WinOLS for noobs  (Read 6154 times)
Lost

« on: August 29, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »

We're not trying to make it interesting. We're trying to make it approachable.

My vote is for 551K box Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »

K-box on the S4 is more advanced than even a stage3 file. lots to take into consideration there.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »

Post a fully defined .kp first Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Lost

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:35:38 PM »

K-box on the S4 is more advanced than even a stage3 file. lots to take into consideration there.

Now you see what a hard time I got with it Smiley
Well, I understand, but I think this is good at least. Hope, reading this will answer some of my wonderings.
Keep up the good work boys.
Lost

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 07:56:29 AM »

Post a fully defined .kp first Tongue

I deff would if u had one. I am on TP btw
As noob I would suggest doing this in TP as Flayboy did.
Most of noobs do not understand Hex, incl myself.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 10:16:13 AM »

As noob I would suggest doing this in TP as Flayboy did.
Most of noobs do not understand Hex, incl myself.

That is a terrible reason to use TP. Truly awful, since it is completely wrong.

1) you should understand hex either way
2) there is no difference between TP and WinOLS with respect to knowing "hex"

No, the reason to use TP is because it is legal to do so for free, and encouraging noobs to pirate WinOLS is counterproductive.

I'm splitting out this discussion because it is cluttering this thread.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »

I learned on tunerpro. It makes it easy as it ONLY displays what you need to see. winOLS you're in the shit. It's very overwhelming at first, but it's very powerful once you figure it out.

Understanding hex is fundamental. You'll get to the point where you can recognize patterns and see the maps without them being defined.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »

I learned on tunerpro. It makes it easy as it ONLY displays what you need to see. winOLS you're in the shit. It's very overwhelming at first, but it's very powerful once you figure it out.

Understanding hex is fundamental. You'll get to the point where you can recognize patterns and see the maps without them being defined.
very true! first time i loaded a file into winOLS... Im thinking to my self oh fuck this shits crazy. but now i can make my own map packs by comparing and for some versions I dont need map packs for simple changes

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Lost

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 11:00:16 PM »

very true! first time i loaded a file into winOLS... Im thinking to my self oh fuck this shits crazy. but now i can make my own map packs by comparing and for some versions I dont need map packs for simple changes

This was exactly my point.
TP is more user friendly for noobs. Starting working with Me7 is the most complicated thing i have ever come across. I don't  need one more thing i do not understand Smiley. I will get over to OLS once i believe i understand this better.
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 04:29:26 AM »

This was exactly my point.
TP is more user friendly for noobs. Starting working with Me7 is the most complicated thing i have ever come across. I don't  need one more thing i do not understand Smiley. I will get over to OLS once i believe i understand this better.

Your making it  sound worse then it is, its basically the same just can do more with one then the other. If you used it for about 5 min and where able to load a file with a map pack, youd understand how its basically the same as tuner pro (but with more options). If you dont know what some options do then dont use them. simple enough

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Lost

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 11:02:14 AM »

Your making it  sound worse then it is, its basically the same just can do more with one then the other. If you used it for about 5 min and where able to load a file with a map pack, youd understand how its basically the same as tuner pro (but with more options). If you dont know what some options do then dont use them. simple enough

I am sure I would, but I am keeping my focus on reading books and reading and understanding various maps and functions for now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: