Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: KFMIOP/KFMIRL tuning & Torque intervention  (Read 69853 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »

I plan to, just wondering about what side effects I might see.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 01:28:02 PM »

Sorry, I got that mixed up, mifa != misol happens if mifa > miszul.

I was thinking B_mdein from mifa > mimax causing misolv > mifab.

Edit: I will have to check some logs I have where I was playing with KFMIOP to trigger torque intervention where I had mifa > mimax

Look at MDFAW, specifically DMFABEG again. mifa can not be larger than mimax, ever.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »

Look at MDFAW, specifically DMFABEG again. mifa can not be larger than mimax, ever.

I'm very familiar with the function.

I have a log I'll have to check when I get home. One of the intervention bits in there may have been set.

Anyway, the original point was that spec load won't be limited unless mimax is capping mifa.
phila_dot

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »

Hmm...something strange going on here. I'm going to try to recreate the conditions in a new log.

At WOT between 2k - 4k RPM there's a handful of records (14 total not all sequential, but same pull) where mifa > mimax. Most of them (10) mifa > mivbeb, but a few (4), mivbeg, mivbeb and mifa are all equal and > mimax.

There was no reaction at all though, ECU couldn't have cared less.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:52:58 PM by phila_dot » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »

Since I've been bouncing around so much and even confusing myself a little trying to recall the details, I wanted to summarize what I can state as facts:

- any part of KFMIOP (load/speed range) that cannot be reached below 60% wped_w is basically unrestricted and can be raised to keep mimax_w high

- the load input to KFMIOP for mimax_w is rlmax_w which means mimax_w will always be calculated from the high load portion of the map. This means mimax_w will typically be safely high enough to never limit the torque request

- care must be taken to ensure that mifa/misolv and mibas/mizsolv remain below miszul to avoid intervention. This mainly becomes a concern in the middle of KFMIOP.

- KFMIRL translates a torque request to spec load
- KFMIOP translates actual load to torque value (mibas)
- KFMIZUFIL checks that the torque value from actual load doesn't exceed the max torque value allowed for a given request from driver's pedal
ddillenger

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 11:11:33 AM »

I'm going to bump this. Without the ability to rescale the IOP axis for the increase in IRL (8 bit limitation FTL), how are people with (strong) stage3 cars not getting intervention? Underscaled MAFS? Disabling torque monitoring altogether? It would seem that without the ability to properly scale IOP to reflect changes in IRL actual torque>requested torque which would in turn trigger intervention.

I've begun the task of transferring my work to the K-box with 5 bar support to avoid this, but I'd like to understand the solution.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »

I think this is the relevant sentence:

"the load input to KFMIOP for mimax_w is rlmax_w which means mimax_w will always be calculated from the high load portion of the map. This means mimax_w will typically be safely high enough to never limit the torque request"

The *input* to KFMIOP is rlmax (not current load request), so unless your rlmax is unusually low, you should not see torque intervention via mimax cap...

really, the best way to see this is to make sure that mifa/misolv and mibas/mizsolv remain below miszul

Just always log those 5 things, and if you see that rule violated, look at rlmax and determine where in KFMIOP you are.... and then see if mimax is resulting in an unusually low miszul or an elevated mifa

At least, that is how I have been interpreting phila's posts.. and so far my logs have lined up with those expectations. YMMV..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:16:33 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »

IOP axis is 16 bit, rlmax_w for mimax_w and rl_w mibas_w.

Rescaling the load axis is not the answer to intervention however.

I don't know if I can explain any better than I did in the post above yours.

You basically need to use KFMIOP to keep mifa and mibas in check (below miszul) under 60% wped without limiting air charge via mifa/mifal.

Log the variables and tweak as needed.

Ask any specific questions you have after reading this post and the one above yours.

The main trigger outside of KFMIOP is dmar_w != 0.
ddillenger

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »

Safe to assume I have to add those variables to the ecu and config files manually?

Anyone have the addresses handy? I assume Nye has some sort of repository containing them, but I haven't found it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3039.msg30034#msg30034
ddillenger

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »

Thanks phila. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »

I keep these a bit more up to date

https://github.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/tree/master/ecus

ECUx Plot

jibberjive

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »

I keep these a bit more up to date

https://github.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/tree/master/ecus
LOL at your github profile pic ha.
jmont23

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »

Ok, so I am attempting to tune my KFMIOP. I see that mibas is exceeding miszul in my logs.

Nyet says: "Just always log those 5 things, and if you see that rule violated, look at rlmax and determine where in KFMIOP you are.... and then see if mimax is resulting in an unusually low miszul or an elevated mifa."

I am going to have to assume my miszul is unusally low (not sure what "unusually low" refers to?) since my mifa is in check.

I am seeing an rlmax = ~210-252 where the mibas exceeds miszul which puts me in the 191 and 225 load columns in KFMIOP. RPM is going to be in the 3000 and 3520 rpm rows. So my KFMIOP values of concern are 69.2, 69.9, 76.1, and 77.3.

I have a few questions. I understand the KFMIOP map uses a fit and interpolates the data it needs.

1. Do I need to adjust cells in KFMIOP outside the 4 that I have identified in my IRL/IOP screenshot image? Should I just scale both columns?

2. Reviewing the FR, I see KFMIOP's output miotl1_w multiples by etazwb to become mibas_w. So when I adjust KFMIOP, my goal is to lower mibas so that it is below miszul?

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:25:46 AM by jmont23 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »

In your plot, notice that mizsolv follows mibas (current torque) unless mibas exceeds miszul (torque limit), in which case mizsolv follows mifa/misolv

So you need to make sure mibas does not exceed miszul by lowering KFMIOP in those regions. I think Sad

Hopefully phila can correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm currently working on this section in the tuning wiki

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Tuning_KFMIOP_and_KFMIZUFIL

and i'm hoping to get something together which makes sense.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: