Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problem with r32 me7.1.1  (Read 6150 times)
coreyj03

« on: April 27, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »

Long story short i bricked my ecu and galletto cannot even flash it in bootmode. So While im waiting on an eeprom programmer and solder station to arrive i borrow a tuned ecm from a friend and installed it in my car it started and died so i adapted the immobilizer with the VAS 5054 and the immobilizer light went off now the engine cranks but never starts. I looked in measured values and the injectors are not firing only way i got it to run is if i flashed it to stock file.  I even flashed the tuned file back to his ecu to see if would work now but still same thing. Question is there some sort of immbolizer in the tune or a "firewall" some tuner could have built into the tune to only run on a certain vin?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »

Many tuned files are locked to the eeprom. Change the contents (try to adapt) and you're SOL. The tune no longer works at all. I hope you backed up the eeprom before adapting it. If not, you're SOL.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
coreyj03

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:27:40 AM »

Which eeprom do youback up? The 95040 or the 29f800bb? I always back up the flash chip but never needed to do the immo info.
coreyj03

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 05:35:49 AM »

If it is the 95040 I still have my original immo info intact on my ecu so i can desolder the flash chip and burn my original tune to it and give my ecu to him. Its not for his car its for a swap hes selling.  I just found a great deal on a complete stage 2 turbo kit $1200 so i have to have a custom tune anyway.
kls

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »

Tuned ECU was likely locked to a specific VIN/IMMOID that was stored in the eeprom(8 pin device) as mentioned previously. The bricked ECU should always be able to be restored via boot mode no matter the eeprom contents. There is a resistor on the bottom of the PCB you should remove which will most likely allow you to program via boot mode again.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »

Tuned ECU was likely locked to a specific VIN/IMMOID that was stored in the eeprom(8 pin device) as mentioned previously. The bricked ECU should always be able to be restored via boot mode no matter the eeprom contents. There is a resistor on the bottom of the PCB you should remove which will most likely allow you to program via boot mode again.

This is the second time I've heard of removing a resistor on can-bus 7.1.1's, but I ended up soldering an additional 1k resistor to get mine into bootmode. Care to elaborate on your method?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
kls

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »

There are some that will never enter boot mode without removing this resistor. It is shown in the picture here:

http://wiki.obdtuning.com/?title=Bild:VAG_ME_711_platine2.jpg

We have had to do it with many ME7.1.1 ECUs, it has solved the problem 100% of the time.
Brumbassen

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »

There are some that will never enter boot mode without removing this resistor. It is shown in the picture here:

http://wiki.obdtuning.com/?title=Bild:VAG_ME_711_platine2.jpg

We have had to do it with many ME7.1.1 ECUs, it has solved the problem 100% of the time.

After read and write in bootmode should the resistor be soldred back ??
Carsinc

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »

My R32 ecu also really likes a 1k ohm in the ground cable for boot mode.
Brumbassen

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »

My R32 ecu also really likes a 1k ohm in the ground cable for boot mode.
What is your ecu number ??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: