Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there any way to tell if the ECU has entered BOOT MODE??  (Read 4149 times)
coltaaan

I was able to read 2 ECU's I had one day the next day nothing... I have tried everything I have found on this forum that other people have found to work. Tried 3 different computers, reloaded drivers still nothing. I'm wondering if I have a bad cable even with no power to the ECU Galletto says BOOT MODE INNACTIVE. I have noticed after I ground pin 24 if I keep my power probe hook on it (not applying ground) it's getting a ground pulsed to it. it doesn't seem to have a rhythm just a random pulse. sometimes one or two sometimes its held longer than others. Without trying to enter boot mode it has voltage to it. Any ideas? does this mean I'm in boot mode?
itemonsale

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »

I had the exact same issue, u can just use a regular VAG blue cable and it will work. make sure the software and the cable match the serial number. do a search
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »

I have noticed after I ground pin 24 if I keep my power probe hook on it (not applying ground) it's getting a ground pulsed to it. it doesn't seem to have a rhythm just a random pulse. sometimes one or two sometimes its held longer than others.

It is a dual purpose pin. in this case, an address line (irrc) that is used once the cpu is booted, so obviously you are seeing activity on the pin

Grounding the pin is done while the cpu is booting, which is when the cpu samples the pin voltage to decide if it goes to boot mode or not.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
coltaaan

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:14 AM »

So after it samples the voltage, sees the short and goes into boot mode what is happening on that pin? Since I have two different readings depending on if I short it or not I would assume that the ecu is going into boot mode?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »

Most likely there will be a lot less activity (possibly none) on that line if it is in boot mode... until, of course, it accesses the flash (e.g. for reading/writing)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
krazydbiker

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 05:22:26 PM »

my china galletto cable said the same thing when it fried, out of nowhere, and there was no way to tell Undecided, same error message though, even though it was infact working in bootmode.... i ended up getting MPPS after that, a good one costs $ though
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: